Chapter 1

A/N: Everything the band say is in Korean unless I say otherwise, ok?

~D.O's P.O.V.~

    "What?" I ask our Alpha, utterly confused, "Why?" Kris shrugs. "I'm not sure, it's just what my Sire wants." "Speaking of your Sire," Suho says abruptly, "When are we gonna know who he is? Cause he seems to be controlling you quite a bit nowadays."

     Kris looks down, mumbling, "He hasn't been controlling me." "Really?" I ask, "Cause you haven't been yourself lately. You're acting very strange." Kris shakes his head. "I've just been sick, that's all, I swear!" "Then why didn't you go see Lay?" Suho asks, the Omega's voice now full of concern, "You know we're supposed to see him when we're sick, right?"

     Kris's head whips up suddenly, his eyes red. "I'm not an idiot, Suho." He barks, making Suho jump back in fright. Kris shakes his head, his eyes returning to normal. "Sorry, I, uh, need to go for a run." He stands up and transforms, running out of the room.

     I look at Suho, who's looking out the door. "Should we go after him?" He asks me. I shake my head. "No, he needs time to himself. Come on," I stand up, "You need to go visit Sehun and Chen, they are in need of you." He nods, standing up. "Where are you going?" "I'm going to watch our new hunter's progress." Suho's eyes light up in exitement. "Ok, make sure he passes, ok?"

    I chuckle to myself and nod as Suho runs out of the den. He's always had a soft spot for Tao, even though I am his Sire. It's kind of a motherly thing I guess, since both Tao and Suho are orphans. It's pretty cute, if you ask me, cause now the whole pack calls them Mother and Son.

     I quickly change to my wolf form and set off in a trot towards our training grounds. I try to keep my mind blank but one thought keeps troubling me: What does Kris's Sire want with a group of girls?

     A few minutes before he ran off Kris had called Suho and I, his Beta and Omega, to his den for a meeting. He had said that his Sire wanted us to track down a group of 12 girls, though he said he didn't know why. Apparently, the girls have something special that his Sire needs and we are to report their location to him. But the question is, what do they have that he needs?

    "Woah woah, D.O, man, where are you going?" Baekhyun said, breaking my train of though. "What?" He gave me a confused look. "You were about to walk into a wall."

     I blinked, looking around. I was in the Healer's nook, in human form, staring at one of the stone walls. (A/N in case u were wondering they still have shorts on when they change back to human form, but not a shirt or shoes or anything) Both Lay and Baekhyun were staring at me with concern.

     I blinked again. "Uh, sorry," I said, "Just deep in thought. Uh, did Kris happen to tell you guys about our quest?" Lay shook his head, throwing a rag over his shoulder. "No, what quest?"

    I quickly explained what Kris had told Suho and I in vivid detail. Once I finished, Lay exchanged looks with Baekhyun. "What color were his eyes?" He said, "When he was telling you this?" "Uh..." I thought for a moment, "Brown, mostly, until Suho questioned him about his Sire. That's when his eyes flashed to red."

     Lay nodded. "Ahh, I thought so." I gave him a confused look. "You thought what?" He shakes his head, walking over to the sink and washing his hands. "You shouldn't need to worry about it, I'm sure Kris can handle it," he points a finger at me, making water flick onto my face, "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

    My eyes widen as I suddenly remember what I'm supposed to be doing. "Aw, crap, I'm supposed to watch Tao! Sorry guys!" I yell as I transform and rush out of the den towards the training grounds. I'm late, and when your a Beta, your always supposed to be on time.

*****

Two Days Later》》

~Baekhyun's P.O.V.~

(Mind links are in italics+bold)

     So why do I have to be here again? I ask Kai as I crouch next to him. He, Luhan and I were crouched in wolf form behind a house. Because, Kai replied, Lay is busy and we need someone here if Luhan or I gets hurt. I frown at him. Well what if I get hurt? Luhan's head whips around to look at me. Then I'll make sure to carry you back. Wow, that's reassuring.

    Ok, Baekhyun, transform and look in the window, Kai ordered, And tell me what you see. I nod and change back to human form, standing up. I peek through the window of the house, and my jaw drops at what I see: around 10 girls, sitting on the floor, couches or chairs that are in there, watching and laughing as two more girls copy figures on a screen while holding weird little white sticks. But that's not what makes my jaw drop. What makes my jaw drop is that I reconize one of the girls, from a long time ago....

     "Guys, I'll be right back," I say, pulling away from the window, "Get back in the woods." Wait, what? Luhan yelps, Where are you going? "Just go, now! I'll meet you there in a second!" I say, waving them off. No, we're not leaving until you tell us why! Kai barked, making me wince. "Shh, they're gonna hear you! I know one of the people in there, ok! I just need to talk to her, now go!"

     Kai growled at me but turned around and ran for the woods. Luhan whimpered and said, I hope you don't die, before running after Kai. I ignore his comment and go to return to the window, but being my idiot self I trip, slamming my head into the hard glass. "Oww," I whisper, rubbing my head. I look up, into the window, and realize my mistake. All of the girls in the room are now staring dead at me.

    Recognition flashes across one's face and she jumps up, pointing to one of the walls. I realize there's a door there and run around to it, almost tripping again. The girl appears at the door a moment later and throws it open, stepping outside. "Baekhyun?" "Ashley?"

*****