Chapter 3 Pt. 1

(A/N sorry if there are spelling errors and stuff but im doing this on a computer and it has no auto correct and i dont really feel like rereading everything, so sorry)

~Tao's P.O.V.~

(All italics is mind-link)

        I trotted next to Healer Lay, exited for our mission. Alpha Kris had sent the Hunters out to receive our new member, and this time Hunter Kai said I can come. I'm honored that he'd think me worthy enough of accompanying him, and I'll make sure to prove to him that I deserve to be here.

       "So, what do you think the new member's gonna be like?" Hunter Luhan asked me, "I hope it's a girl!" "I'm not sure Hunter Luhan," I replied, making him huff. "Tao, I've told you before, you don'thave to call me that!" "I know Hunter Luhan." He rolled his eyes.

      "Quiet," Kai ordered, "We're in the other pack's territory now, so I need to listen, ok?" I nodded my head. "Yes Hunter Kai!" He rolled his eyes but smiled, turning back ahead.

        Kai lead Lay, Luhan and I into a large courtyard filled with dens and many wolves, who nodded respectfully as we passed. One paticular girl with red hair winked at Luhan but he barely cast her a glance.

        Kai stopped us just before one large den just as a large black/brown wolf walked out of it. I shuddered as i noticed the long scar crossing over his eyelid, making an ugly red mark in his eye. The wolf caught me staring and cast me a disaproving glare, making me sink to my knees.

        "Kai," the wolf said, his voice ringing throughout the camp, "I dont apreciate your Hunters making eye contact with me, because for us it's a challenge." Kai nodded, sending me a glare which made me sink farther to the ground. Lay nudged me, pulling me to my feet with his head. "Stand strong, He advised in my head, "You're a hunter now." i nodded just enough so he could see and focused on Kai and the new Alpha's conversation.

        "Well, you see," the Alpha said, transforming and folding his hands in front of him, "This particular Gnaw doesnt exactly go with many of our wolves..." Some of the wolves around us growled and rolled their eyes, clearly disgusted. The Alpha continued, "Therefore, as the position of the Gnaw, he has gotten many beatings, so in order for you to retrieve him you and two of your pack must come with me in human form. I'll give you two minutes to figure it out now."

        Kai nodded and turned back to us. "Luhan and Tao, come with me. Lay, i want you to stay here. Ignore all attention from any of the pack exept their Beta, FaZu. If you dont, some wolf will definetly get on your case. Got it?" Lay nodded. 

        Kai looked at Luhan and I, signaling for us to transform. We both did, with him quickly following. Immedietly i noticed many eyes on us but i ignored them, looking for Kai's directions. With one quick nod to Lay Kai turned back to the Alpha standing before us. "I will bring these two," Kai said, pointing to Luhan and i, "And our healer, Lay, will stay behind for now." The Alpha nods. "Fair enough. Now please, follow me." He turned on hsi heels and started walking for another large den, motioning for us to follow. I cast one last glance at Lay before following the Alpha and two Hunters.   

         The Alpha led us down a short path into a large white tent with a red cross painted on it. Inside there were many cots with pelts covering them with a bedside table next to each. A few of the cots were occupied with wolves and were being tended to by other wolves with a white cap. The place reminded me a bunch of our own infirmary, but ours was in a cave and Healer Lay and Aid Baekhyun wore white bandanas around their heads and tied around their left bicep. Lay had them on now, I believe, but I wasn't sure.

       The Alpha stopped a few feet away from the cots, turning back to us. "Your boy (A/N calling a wolf "boy" is very disrespectful, and it usually means that one wolf is strongly disliked by their elders) is in the cot over there. Our Healer, Jae, will give him to you. Once you have him you are to leave immediately, no turning back. I leave you now." With that, the Alpha turned on his heels and walked swiftly out of the tent.

      "What was that about?" I asked Luhan as a boy, probably 18 or so, came up to us. "Hello, Hunters of the Bloodmoon Pack," he said, bowing, "I am Jae, the Healer here. Follow me for the Gnaw." (A/N Key from SHINee is Jae, picture above) He turned around and led us to one of the occupied cots.

       The boy in the cot looked awful--he had a large black and blue bruise along his jaw, a black eye, and a cut just above his left eyebrow. Many more cuts and bruises covered his bare shoulders and down his arms, and they continued down onto his torso, almost visible from beneath his muscle shirt.   A blood-drenched bandage was wrapped around his lower right leg and ankle, and Jae began to change the wrappings as he spoke.

      "This is Chanyeol," he said, "our old Gnaw. I'm not sure why he's been treated like this, there's nothing he's done to deserve this. He's an amazing person, and he's been my friend since he's gotten here." Jae looks up at Luhan. "Promise me you'll protect him, ok? You must promise me before I let him go." Luhan nodded, putting a gentle hand on the Healer's shoulder. "I promise."

        Jae smiled, finishing trying the bandage. Standing, he threw the old bandage in a bucket and gently shook Chanyeol's shoulder. The boy's eyes fluttered open and he blinked, looking at Jae. His eyes flickered to Kai, Luhan and I and he shrunk back, raising his arms above his head. "Whatever I did to you I'm sorry!" He cried, his voice hoarse. Luhan's eyes widened as he exchanged glances with me.

     "No, Chanyeol,  it's ok, they won't hurt you, I promise," Jae said, putting a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder, "They've come to bring you home, to your new pack." Chanyeol tilted his head and looked at me. That's when I noticed how young he looked--he was probably only 16, the same age as me. "Your  in my new pack?" He asked me. I nodded, making him frown. "Why do I have a new pack?" "So they can't hurt you anymore," Jae said softly, squeezing his shoulder, "Now come on, you've got to go."

     Jae waved me over and together we pulled Chanyeol to his feet(well, foot, since his other was hurt). He was actually quite tall, taller than me and Jae. As soon as Chanyeol stood Jae pulled him into a hug, tears in his eyes. "I'll miss you, dongsaeng," he said, hugging the Gnaw tightly, "Come visit me sometime, ok?" "I will hyung," Chanyeol said, "I promise."

     Pulling out of the embrace, Jae turned back to me. He waved me over and slipped Chanyeol's arm around my neck. "He can't walk by himself, you're going to need to help him," Jae said, pulling Chanyeol's other arm around Luhan's neck. Nodding, I put one arm around Chanyeol's waist and used the other to hold his arm around my neck. Luhan did the same. Feeling Chanyeol tense he said, "It's ok, Chanyeol, we want to help you, not hurt you. Lean your weight into us, it will hurt less for you to walk then." After exchanging a glance with Jae Chanyeol nodded. I felt his weight shift to us so I straightened, proping him up a bit more.

     "Thank you, Jae," Kai said, motioning for us to start walking, "We appreciate you helping us with Chanyeol. I'll make sure to convince both of our Alpha's to let you and him meet once again." Jae smiled, bowing to Kai. "Thank you, Hunter, I am extremely greatful. Now if you excuse me, I must get back to my patients." Sending one last wave to Chanyeol he turned around, walking back to his patients.

*******

Sorry this chapter got real long so it'll continue into the next update ok?