Chapter Twenty-One

Hi.

Andrea was numb.

She couldn't feel the cold seeping into her bones, she couldn't register what was happening and she could not bring herself to feel anything regarding the scene in front of her.

She was shutting down. Her emotions were silent, her mind was silent.

From what seemed like miles away, she could hear Josh. His tone was frantic, voice high pitched, but his words were unintelligible.

A hand was on her shoulder, then something was blocking the dead body.

"Andrea," Josh's voice was clearer in her mind now. "We should call the police,"

Everything was happening too fast or too slow, Andrea couldn't tell. Time was deceiving her, not giving her a hint on how long they had been here. The events that lead to this moment were long forgotten, and Andrea refused to replay them for fear of awakening her emotions and breaking down.

"What?" She murmured, still looking at Josh.

"I'm calling the cops," He said. His fangs were extended, but his eyes were bloodshot as if he was restraining himself from crying.

Blood.

It must have triggered something in him.

"Go," Andrea registered the word after she said it. "There's blood. Go, I'll deal with the cops,"

Josh threw his hands up and let out an uncharacteristic laugh that bordered on hysterical.

"Are you crazy? I'm not leaving you here. I don't care about the blood. It doesn't affect me if I don't let it."

His hands reached out to get his phone. They were still shaking.

"Josh," Andrea whispered. She wanted to reach out to him. She wanted to tell him to leave and get this sight out of his mind. She wanted to apologize for everything. If it weren't for her, he wouldn't have had to deal with this. He would not have to see this sight painted on the back of his eyelids every time he closed his eyes.

"It's fine," His voice was softer when he answered, his eyes assuring her that he knew what she was thinking.

It took the cops about fifteen minutes to get there. By the time that they showed up, Andrea could barely stand on her feet.

A constant throbbing had settled in her head and her body was begging for a chance to rest.

One of the cops accompanied them to the front of the cemetery for questioning. When he gave Andrea a sympathetic look, she realized that she recognized him from the pack.

It took a few more minutes for an ambulance to show up to pick up the dead body.

"Hello, Andrea," The cop, whose name she remembered to be Omar, nodded at her. His eyes slid over to Josh, "May I get your name?"

"Josh Woods,"

Omar wrote it down on a small notebook.

"I know this event has worn you out and you probably want to go home, but I need to ask you a few questions first. Is that okay?"

They both nodded.

"What were you doing here when you found the body?"

I felt a bond to the dead body and forced Josh to pull over while simultaneously having a mental breakdown. If Omar heard that, he would probably call a psychiatrist or a witch. The psychiatrist to make sure that Andrea's head was in its place and the witch to put Andrea under control, because even witches couldn't sense dead bodies.