Chapter Two

"have a theory," Josh exclaimed as he threw himself on the bed next to Andrea.

"And what is that?" Andrea asked without taking her eyes off her book. She was used to Josh barging into her room uninvited. As a matter of fact, her mother considered Josh as a member of their small family.

"People are actually afraid of going to the forest because of the weird noises we hear at night,"

"You mean the howls. Which means that there are wolves roaming around. Which also makes it completely logical to be afraid."

"That's what they want you to think." Josh exclaimed as he jumped off the bed.

"Who are you talking about?" Andrea asked with bewilderment, only for Josh to ignore her question.

"Fear is nothing but a social construct. We should we abide by society's rules? Why should we accept to be controlled like this? I believe --"

"You can just tell me that you want to go to the forest," Andrea cut him off, "to which I'll say that you're completely out of your mind and I don't want to catch a cold or die due to hypothermia,"

"Andrea," Josh dragged out her name, exasperated. "Haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to take a walk in the forest in the middle of the night? Among the trees and under the stars. This is what has inspired poets and lovers. How can you be so...dry."

 Andrea let out a small laugh. "We are not going to the forest. I suggest we stay in and watch something. I'll tell my mom to make us something to eat."

 What she failed to tell Josh was that she actually knew what is was like to take random walks in the forest because she spent two days of the week in the pack house, which was in the heart of said forest. 

"We're going now and I'm not taking no for an answer." Josh started rummaging through Andrea's clothes while muttering to himself. "It'll be cold... Something warm... Hate this shirt... Reminds me of my grandma... Maybe this sweater"

"You want us to go to the forest in the middle of the night in this cold? Are you crazy? Wait, don't answer that, you are. The only thing that we can accomplish is catching a cold."

 Josh clicked his tongue and wrapped his arm around Andrea's shoulder. "Andy, Andy, Andy. Where is your sense of adventure? Life is too short to be wasted, it can be over like this." He snapped his fingers in front of her eyes. "So, we are going to go to the forest and we might catch a cold or lose a nose." Andrea frowned at that. "But who cares?"

 "This is ridiculous." She muttered under her breath.

 Josh walked out of the room and yelled from the hallway. "We're making memories!"

 Andrea sighed and got up, she had known Josh long enough to expect that he wouldn't let go of this until she agreed. She changed into a black sweater and dark jeans quickly and got out of her room.

 Josh was sitting on top of the counter in the kitchen eating a cookie while Andrea's mother was washing the dishes.

 "Finally." Josh jumped off the counter.

 "Where are you two going?" Andrea's mother asked looking at them over her shoulder.

 "The Grimm Cafe." Josh lied quickly.

 Andrea's mother frowned. "Be careful, I heard it's going to be really cold tonight."

 Andrea glared at Josh who smiled innocently. "Don't worry, mom, we'll be alright." She kissed her mother's cheek and smiled warmly at her.