Chapter Eleven

That night, Andrea skipped dinner with the pack members and instead went to her small room. She has no wish to see Alexander's indifferent gaze or the Alpha threatening glares.

She had always felt like she didn't belong. Not being a pure werewolf made her feel like a failure and an abomination. Alexander had always made sure to erase that. Despite not knowing the full truth, he had still trusted her blindly and he had still convinced his father to let her be a member in the pack.

She wished that he hadn't. Sometimes, she wished that he was uncaring, that he was an asshole. Because his trust was put in the wrong place. He had trusted a monster.

She was just waiting for the chance to run away. To go to the furthest university possible and forget this life. Forget her demons.

A knock on her door broke her thoughts. For a split second, she wanted it to be Alexander, but the feminine voice crushed that thought.

"It's Pia. I know you're awake and I know you have tea to spill. So, open up."

That got a smile out of Andrea as she opened the door.

"Now, are you ready to tell me everything?"

*      *      *      *      *      *

There were many things that made Alexander a flawed character. For one, he was impatient and sometimes irrational. Sometimes he cared too much and sometimes he didn't even bother to give a shit. But most importantly, he never trusted people easily.

That was one thing that surprised him about Andrea. He had always trusted her. And even now, in the midst of all the heartbreak, he still found it hard to believe that she was the heartless monster she claimed to be. He knew there was something else involved, something that she was terrified of.

That's where his father came into play. He had seen their interaction in the meeting room and something had seemed suspicious. Very suspicious.

So he had sent out one of his men to do some digging.

"I thought you were going to work in my office,"

Speak of the devil.

"I didn't want to stand in your way," Alexander said, turning back to the papers tossed haphazardly on his desk.

He sensed his father take a seat on his bed.

"I hope you're not slacking,"

A spark of irritation, "When have I ever?"

It was silent for a few minutes before his father spoke again. "I wanted to see how you're holding up. I know it wasn't easy to see her after all this time..."

Alexander stayed silent.

He heard a sigh. "I was meaning to talk to you about this for a while. Alexander, you are an Alpha. Not only do you need to focus on you work, but you also need to start thinking about your pack. They're going to expect you to find a Luna soon. If not now, then in a couple of years."

His words sounded almost apologetic, but they both knew this conversation had been prepared since Alexander and Andrea became serious about spending their lives together.

Anger was staring to creep up on Alexander. It took control of his hands that formed fists and his spine that turned rigid. He turned around and hoped to God that his father could feel the heat of his glare.

"You are a strong leader, son. And you need a strong female by your side--"

"I hope you're not telling me how to run my life," Even he heard how clipped his voice was.