Chapter Four

It felt as if the minutes were turned into hours inside the car, the awkwardness made Andrea feel suffocated, Alexander still hadn't said anything and his grip on the steering wheel was as tight as ever.

Ironically, the clouds seemed to follow them on their depressing journey. The rain hadn't stopped, and the dark clouds made the night look darker than ever.

Maybe this was how it was always meant to be, Andrea thought, maybe her and Alexander weren't really made for each other, although Alexander seemed hell bent on changing her mind.

Andrea wished that she could know what Alexander was thinking about, but she had a pretty good idea, he was probably thinking of ways to get the truth out of her.

It was his tactic. He always knew how to tick people off and make them do his bidding. He would manipulate the truth out of them whether they were willing or not. Andrea doubted that he would ever do that to her. He loved her too much for that, or so she hoped. But she had seen him interrogate too many rogues, and he was cruel after he got what he wanted.

The car slowed down as Alexander started driving right through the forest to get to the cabin, Andrea held her seat tightly and shut her eyes. Alexander drove as if he wanted the car to crash in a tree, Andrea was sure that one of the low branches of a tree made a long scratch on the side of the car.

Alexander brought the car to a halt so suddenly that Andrea jumped up in her seat from the force.

He wanted a reaction from her.

The cabin was right in front of the car, Andrea looked at it for a while, remembering all the times that she and Alexander spent there. She was snapped back to reality by the sound of Alexander slamming his car door shut and walking off in the rain.

Andrea sighed, there was no getting out of it, she would have to face the music sooner or later. She just had to put her questionable theatrical skills on test.

Andrea looked around and found a jacket tossed on one of the back seats. It took her back to when they were together, he had always kept a jacket in his car because he knew just how forgetful she could be, and he knew she was prone to getting cold.

Ignoring the garment, she opened the car door quickly and ran to the cabin's open door, she could see Alexander's wet footprints on the wooden ground, she huffed and took off her shoes.

Alexander was in the living room bending over the fireplace trying to light a fire. Andrea cupped her hands around her mouth and blew into them in an attempt to warm herself up, she was freezing, especially since she was in her pyjamas and they were partially wet from the rain. Her golden hair was damp too.

Alexander finally lit the fire and sat on the sofa in front of it. He looked at Andrea and motioned for her to sit down too.

Andrea sat on a love seat and turned towards Alexander.

The fire was the only source of light in the cabin, and she couldn't help but admire the way it reflected on Alexander. It made his green eyes seem darker and emptier, and it sharpened the shape of his high cheekbones and sharp jawline. It was as if Alexander and the fire were similar in a way, they were both luring yet dangerous.

Alexander finally looked at Andrea. "Are you still going to ignore all of my questions?"

Andrea raised her eyebrows.

"Look, Andrea," Alexander sighed, Andrea could see how worn out and tired he was. "You're coming back with me."

Andrea tried to keep her cool.

"And when did you come up with this decision?"

"When I realised you're too stubborn for your own good."