Chapter Thirteen

I didn't continue watching stranger things just to publish this. The SACRIFICE 

;)

Scarlet Hill's Mental Institution  was on the outskirts of the town, probably a thirty minute drive from Andrea's house, it was made up of three old buildings.

Rumors say that the Asylum shut down after one of the patients managed to kill three nurses and a doctor with his bare hands, since then, people made up a story that the Asylum was haunted by the lurking spirit of the murderer. The usual small-town-bullshit.

And now, staring at the old dark buildings from the distance, Andrea felt a chill creep up her spine, Josh was silent next to her, even the trees seemed still.

A big gate was surrounding the Asylum's buildings, there were a few spray painted pictures on the walls but other than that, it seemed completely and utterly terrifying.

"I think we should go back." Andrea whispered. Talking out loud seemed too dangerous, as if it would awaken the ghost.

Josh shook his. "We're going in." He said with determination.

Andrea knew that he was hiding something. Random midnight 'adventures' were not foreign when it cam to Josh, but his behaviour was off.

Andrea quickly dismissed the thought and followed Josh to the rusty gates.

Josh reached for his pocket and took out a small bobby pin.

"Who taught you how to pick locks?" Andrea asked while blowing into her palms to get warmer. It seemed that the weather was adamant on freezing her to death.

There were a lot of things about Josh that she did not know. And his tendency to avoid question did not help.

Josh smirked. "Google, baby."

Andrea rolled her eyes as Josh bent down to the level of the lock.

After five minutes, she heard a small click and raised her brows.

"That was faster than expected,"

Josh just smirked again and wiggled his eyebrows, "That's what she said," He then pushed open the gates and Andrea winced at the loud squeak.

They both got inside and walked over the dead grass towards the building standing in the middle, it was the smallest of the three.

Andrea couldn't help but feel goosebumps rising on her skin, it was as if someone was watching them.

"How do you know where to go?" Andrea whispered.

"I did my research. Apparently, the middle building was the center of action, you know, where the patients got therapy and shit while the two others were the place where the patients slept but one of the buildings, the one on the left, was never used since there were only a small amount of patients."

Josh stopped abruptly in front of the big wooden doors.

"What's wrong?" Andrea asked, frowning.

"Maybe we shouldn't go in." Josh said with a slight waver in his voice.

So now he was afraid.

"Okay." Andrea shrugged with relief and turned around, ready to leave.

"Wait." Josh said and closed his eyes. "We came all the way here and I spent five minutes on that damn lock. Let's go in."

Andrea's heart fell, she was really doing this. They were really going to go into a haunted asylum. This all felt like the setting of a horror movie.