Chapter Twelve

a/n: guess who finally graduated babyy!! Also, summer is here which means more updates and I'm changing a few details in the story cuz i need my #alexandrea fluff ;)

Andrea sank deeper in the bathtub and let out a loud sigh.

The past week had completely drained her. She tried to not think about the fights and the memories, but it felt like her brain refused to focus on anything positive.

  Instead, it replayed the ten-part saga that was her life.

  Andrea was adopted when she was two years old. Her adoptive mother was one of the sweetest and most supportive people in her life, and yet she had always felt the need to know more about her biological family. She was a werewolf without having the attributes that make one, and when she didn't shift during puberty, it was clear that something was wrong.

  At 16, she finally got to know more about her family, and she wished that she'll never have to deal with them again.

  A rug was pulled from beneath her feet and she was forced to deal with being one of the most hated creatures that have ever walked the Earth; a demon. Not only that, but she had a power-hungry mother who was more manipulative than she could ever imagine.

  Andres rubbed her eyes and willed the images to go away. She slowly got up and grabbed a towel, only to be greeted with her tired reflection in the mirror.

  Her short hair clung to her head, and her eyes looked dull, supported by sleepless bags.

The house was quiet as usual, any small sound that she made felt like the booming of thunder.

  Andrea was so wrapped up in her thoughts when she walked back into her bedroom that she didn't notice the boy sitting on her desk chair, nor did she notice the mischievous smile lighting his face.

  "You should be more careful, Andy." Josh said swivelling the chair in a circle dramatically.

  "Shit!" Andrea exclaimed, putting a hand over her racing heart.

  How could she not have seen him? How did she miss his scent? But then she remembered how faint Josh's scent was, in fact, she needed to be within hugging distance to be able to tell his scent.

  "I mean," Josh continued. "I could've been a serial killer or a thief."

  Andrea looked at the open window and saw the slight muddy shoeprints.

  "Did you come in through the window?"

  Josh smiled sheepishly. "I lost the key you gave me."

  Andrea didn't know whether to feel relieved or frightened, she should've been happy that Josh couldn't burst in her room every morning and pull pranks on her, but she felt horrified that he now had the ability to come through the window.

  "Josh, what are you doing here?" She cut to the chase.

  "We are going on an adventure." Josh said throwing his arms in the air.

  It was then that Andrea noticed Josh's attire. He was wearing a huge black sweater and dark jeans with dark boots and a black beanie. He looked ready to rob a bank. Then Andrea's eyes fell on the similar outfit laying on her bed.

  "Please tell me we're not robbing a bank." Andrea looked at Josh pleadingly.

  "We're not robbing a bank, silly. We're going to the haunted Asylum."

  Andrea felt her blood turn cold, but before she could say anything, Josh continued talking.

  "And I picked out the only cool black clothes that you have that can match mine so we can be totally badass together."