Chapter 33: Dating?

Começar do início

"We just walked in." Chase pointed out.

"Right." I mutter.

It was a few more minutes of walking when Chase called over his shoulder, "We are almost there."

"Great.." I drawled clearly not as excited as he was.

"A little bit more in." He guided me through the forest. Pushing through the middle of a big tree a smile placed itself on his face, "We're here."

Looking around I am in awe. It was like a fairy tale land with pink and purple colored flowers surrounding the ground. The sound of blue birds chirping in the sky and a big beautiful lake in the center of it all.

"Its amazing!" I say stunned.

"It is." He agrees, "come on." He says placing his hand on my lower back and leading me more in.

This place was beautiful but I still don't know what we we're doing here. It was random that he just pulled me out the house and here with no explanation.

I turn to him to demand what we are doing here but stop at the sight of this face expression. A childish grin on his lips as he takes in the scenery. He looked almost innocent with his big blue eyes that seemed to be shades brighter and electric making my heart melt. I almost didn't want to interrupt his state of happiness.

But I did.

"Chase." I softly call catching his attention, "what are we doing here?"

He smiles lightly at me, taking a few steps closer. "Well I figured since I messed up. Why not take you to a beautiful but cliché place that I found as a child to confess my undying love for you." He was being sarcastic but amusement covered his face.

I scoffed, "undying love?" I quirk an eyebrow.

"Undying love." He confirms with a smirk.

"Well alright Shakespeare. Let's see what you've got." I encourage. He smirked at my words before it replaced itself with a smile.

"Well, Avery. I like you. You're everything I am and more. You're beautiful, mean, sarcastic, annoying--"

I narrowed my eye at him to which he continued, "a rebel and by far the most exciting person I've been with. I like you a lot and it would be an honor for me to ask.." He trails coming closer to me and holding onto my hands as he looked me dead in the eyes, "Avery, will you be my girlfriend?"

I swooned and I swore I was going to fall into shock at his look. Taking everything I have, I say:

"No."

He stood stunned. His eyebrows shot up at my answer, "no?" He questions as if he hadn't just heard me.

"N. O." I spell it out.

He slowly releases my hand and takes a few steps back. I watch as he looks at me in pure confusion, "wait, what?" He starts, "You asked me to ask you and you say no?"

"Well you see I'm not a big fan of clichés, so.." I trail watching his expression drop from his face into a frown.

He looked like a wounded puppy. It was adorable but the stupid feeling of guilt swarmed me, again. I had my fun, now I had to tell him my true answer.

"Chase." I call breaking him from his confused state. I smile, "I was joking around. Of course I'd be your girlfriend." I accept.

I watch as his expression changed from confused to happiness then finally a glare. My eyes widened at the mischievous grin on his lips as he stalks towards me.