Chapter 20

Emilie's POV

-"Uhmmm sure sweetie! But I don't think I'm strong enough to lift you up..." Pattie said quietly, biting her lip.

I sighed. I didn't think about that. I guess it made sense that Justin was stronger than her.  

-"I'll go get Justin..." she started walking for the door.  

-"No no!! It's fine! I'll just get myself on it! I'll be fine!" I stopped Pattie.  

I honestly didn't want to see Justin at the moment, I know it would make me cry to see how sad he is. I don't want him to think I'm vulnerable.  

Pattie looked at me confusedly.  

-"Well then at least let me help you on it" she smiled and stepped next to me.

She placed one hand under my elbow and another around my waist and supported me as I limped to the wheelchair. She set me down and I felt my stomach burn painfully. I gasped, surprised and my hand flew to my stomach, hitting it with a thud, making it hurt even more. I yelped in pain as tears ran down my cheeks.

Pattie knelt in front of me and softly wiped my cheeks. Her face flickered to Justin's. I shook my head and it turned back to Pattie's. Weird.  

-"I'm sorry honey... I think Justin's better at this than I am.." she smiled apologetically.

I looked down. She was right. I now felt bad for pushing Justin away, he was only trying to help. Pattie stepped behind me and started pushing my wheelchair down the hall. We finally reached room 76. I knocked lightly on the door.

I heard muffled voices inside, and then footsteps. The door peeked opened and my eyes widened. In front of me stood a puffy-eyed, tear-stained cheeks, sad-looking Justin. I quickly looked down.

-"I came to visit Rose, but I see she's... busy.." I mumbled, biting my lip.  

-"Actually I was just about to leave... You can go in if you want.." he whispered at me, looking down at his feet.  

He suddenly turned around.

-"Rose, I'm gonna go now, there's somebody else who wants to talk to you! Bye! See you later!" he waved before stepping around me and walking away. Who knows where he's going?

Pattie pushed my wheelchair inside Rose's room. She left me close to the bed and went out into the hallway.  

-"Oh hey Emilie! How's it going?" Rose asked.  

-"Not bad... You?"  

-"Ehhh, not the best, not the worst" she shrugged.  

I nodded.  

-"Can I tell you something?" I asked suddenly.  

-"Sure Emilie, anything" she replied with a smile.  

I took a deep breath.

I told her everything. From the death of my parents, to the day my aunt and uncle started beating me, and up to the day we moved and met Justin, the way my aunt and uncle reacted when they found out Justin was a singer, to the day at the beach, to Justin's latest anger stunt.

I was crying by the time I was done. Heck, I was crying when I mentionned my parents!  

-"I just don't know if I should forgive Justin! He's done so much to help me, but he keeps scaring me and I'm afraid he'll end up beating me like my aunt and uncle did... But I don't want to push him away, he's like the best friend I ever had! I know it sounds weird, after only knowing him for 4 weeks and being unconscious 3 of those weeks, but I feel like I can really trust him, and he seems to care so much about me..." I sniffled quietly.