Chapter 11

Emilie's POV

I looked at him and saw him sitting on the same little wooden chair as before, his arms crossed on the bed, his chin resting on them. He was just looking at me, smiling. I smiled back at him. He took my left hand gently and held it with both of his. He looked up at me and smiled again. He seemed so happy I had woken up. How long had I been asleep anyways?

-"Hey Justin?" 

-"Yes?" he asked cheerfully.  

-"Did you seriously stop eating and sleeping while I was unconscious?" I whispered out.  

He nodded cheerfully. Well, as cheerfully you could be when you're practically falling asleep.  

-"But... Why?" I asked curiously.  

He sighed.

-"Well, I felt bad because it's my fault Mark and Mary beat you, so it only felt right that if you suffered, it would only be fair that I suffered too. And I don't think I could've gotten to sleep anyways, I was way too worried." he said, smiling at the end.

My eyes widened.  

-"Justin! You didn't have to do that! It's not your fault!! It's mine! I'm the one who decided to spend time with you; I'm the one who disobeyed them! And they're the ones who beat me, not you! Stop doing this to yourself!" I begged him.  

He just shook his head.  

-"Not until you're healed. If you suffer, then I'm gonna suffer too." he said calmly.

-"I'm fine Justin! I'm not suffering!"  

I tried sitting up, but felt a sharp pang in my stomach. It hurt really bad. I squealed in pain and layed back down on the pillows, clutching my stomach.  

Justin hopped out of his chair.  

-"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly.  

I nodded weakly, groaning in pain.  

-"Do you want some pain medecine? I can call the nurse if you want to.." he said, reaching for the button above my head. I shook my head.

-"Nahh, she'll probably give me sleeping pills too, and I don't wanna sleep now."  

He nodded and sat back down.  

-"So, for how long have I been here?" I asked.  

-"Take a guess." he teased me.  

-"Okay.. Errrr three days?" I guessed.  

He laughed softly.  

-"Guess again."  

-"Ughhh I'm bad at guessing! I'll say... six days." I guessed.  

To me it was a bit unrealistic, but whatever.

He shook his head and laughed quietly.  

-"You're so bad at guessing!"  

I stuck my tongue out at him. It hurt my cheek a little, but not too much.  

-"Okay you're never gonna guess it. Emilie, you were asleep for twenty-three days."

My jaw dropped. Was I really asleep for that long? No, I didn't lose THAT much blood! Did I? I shook my head.  

So does that mean Justin went without eating or sleeping for more than three weeks?! Oh my gosh!!

-"Justin! How could you do this to yourself! It's not alright! No wonder you look like you've never eaten in your life! You're so skinny! I didn't recognize you when I woke up!!! And you need some rest Justin, it's not healthy!" I scolded him.