Chapter 7

Emilie's POV

She held my arms behind my back. I looked around and saw my uncle walk towards me, with a razor blade in his hand. I sarted squirming, trying to get out of my aunt's grip.  

-"No! NO! Let go! Please! NO NO NO!" I screamed, hoping somebody on the beach would hear me.  

No luck. My uncle pressed the blade roughly on my cheek.

- "Promise us you won't ever go see Justin ever again." he said firmly, an evil smile creeping on his lips.  

-"I-I can't d-do that.." I whispered.

My uncle twisted the razor blade and it sliced my cheek. I screamed out in pain and my aunt let go of me. I collapsed on the ground, holding my sliced cheek. I tried crawling away, but my aunt stomped down real hard on my leg, and I heard a sickening snap. I screamed out in agonizing pain.

My uncle grabbed my arm and dragged me up the stairs. I was scared for my life now. My leg was twisted in a weird way, and it hurt so badly. He let go of me at the top, but grabbed my hair and pulled me up.  

-"Will you stay away from Justin?"  

I just screamed out in pain. He shook his fist roughly, hurting my head. 

-"WILL YOU?!"  

-"N-no I c-c-can't" I stuttered.

He let go of my hair and kicked me in the stomach. The impact was so big it sent me tumbling down the steps. I reached the bottom and tried to get up, but both my arms hurt really badly. Probably broken. My aunt towered over me.  

-"We're going out. Don't go anywhere... But I don't think you can, anyways" she smirked and they walked out the front door. 

I suddenly felt something burn at my stomach. I looked down and saw the razor blade, cut deeply in my stomach. Huh, just my luck, I fell on it. And A LOT of blood was coming out of there.

I saw something next to me on the floor. My phone. I painfully extended my right hand and took it. I scrolled through my contacts. I had to get help, fast. I was starting to feel dizzy. As I felt my body getting weaker and weaker by the second, I selected Justin's number and typed: 

-Help quic

That was all I was able to type before I almost passed out. I took the last bit of strength in my body to press send, right before darkness overcame me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Justin's POV

I woke up to something vibrating in my pocket. I took out my phone. I smiled when I saw the text was from Emilie. I opened it. I read it once, confused. Then I read it again, and again, until it finally made sense.

My eyes widened. I shot out of bed, still a little dizzy. But I didn't let that stop me. I sprinted as fast as my legs could carry me downstairs, where I tripped and fell.  

-"Whoa there Justin, where do you think you're going? Emilie said you should get some r-"

I interrupted her and handed her my phone, showing her the text. She read it and gasped. She started running with me towards Emilie's house. We tried to open the back door; it was unlocked. We slowly tiptoed inside, scared of what we might see. We walked through what seemed to be the kitchen, when I saw spots of red on the floor. I gasped and pointed it to my mom.

Her eyes widened and I felt mine fill with tears. I held them back and we followed the little trail. We got infront of a staircase, when I saw a small, lifeless-looking lump on the ground. I kneeled next to Emilie, the tears in my eyes pouring on my cheeks. I saw she still had her cell in her hand. I lifted her head gently and rested it on my lap. I pressed two fingers on her neck, to check her pulse. She had one, but it was weak. Very weak. Too weak. I looked up at my mom, who looked shocked. -"Call an ambulance, quick!" I yelled at her, panicked.