Chapter 5

Emilie's POV

I woke up to my face feeling very sore. I absent-mindedly rubbed my eyes and felt a sharp pang in my cheek as my fingers brushed on it. I got up and walked in the bathroom. As i looked at my face in the mirror, I almost screamed out in horror.

My cheek looked horrible: the bruise stretched on pretty much my whole right cheek. It was a deep purple, and a little red in the center. It would be hard and painful to try and cover it up with makeup. This probably was the worse bruise my aunt and uncle had ever given me. I sighed and walked to my nightstand. I picked up my phone and flopped back on the bed. I turned it on. It was 11:12. Dang it, I missed 11:11! I saw I had a new text from Justin. It said:

-good morning (: did u still want to hang out today? Or were u gonna listen to mark and mary and keep away from me?

I sighed and walked downstairs. I saw a note on the counter amd picked it up.

Emilie, we are at work. We give you permission to head down to the beach and make yourself some new friends. If we find out you've been hanging out with Justin, you know what will happen. Love, Mary and Mark

I crumpled up the note and threw it in the garbage. I pulled out my phone.

-yeah im still up for hanging out! Did u really think i was gonna listen to them after what they did to me?

Yes, I know, I'm disobeying my guardians. I don't care, I want to spend time with Justin, they can't tell me what to do! I'm used to getting beat up by them anyways. My phone vibrated.

-okay then (: meet me at the beach in front of your house at 12:00 k? I'll be waiting!!

*Skip to 45 minutes later* 

*Justin's POV*

I was outside, waiting for Emilie to come. I was wearing a red plaid button-up shirt, and I had rolled up the sleeves. I was wearing my black swimming shorts and I was barefeet.

I heard somebody walking towards me. I looked up and saw Emilie. She was wearing a purple plaid shirt, and had her sleeves rolled up too. She was wearing short shorts and purple flip flops. I laughed when she reached me. She blushed.

-"We match!" I said, motionning at our shirts.  

She looked at mine, then hers, and laughed too. We started walking on the beach, away from our houses.  

-"So, you're a bad girl huh?" I winked at her.  

She blushed. 

- "Yeah back home some people called me a bad girl because pretty much everyday at school, I would have new scars from my aunt and uncle. The kids started some rumor that I got into street fights and stuff, so it worked at my advantage and people didn't know my aunt and uncle hit me. So at school I acted like a badass so it could support the rumor. I was sorta happy to move here and get a fresh start, but I guess I may still have to disobey my aunt and uncle here."

She looked a little sad. I felt my stomach hurt when she said that she had new scars from them EVERYDAY. Is it that bad?  

-"Why do you have to disobey them here?" i asked innocently. Of course I knew, I just wanted to hear her say it. She blushed and looked down. She mumbled something quietly. I smiled.  

-"I didn't hear youuuu!" I said teasingly.  

-"Because I want to spend time with you" she whispered a bit clearer.  

-"What did you say ?" I cupped my hand around my ear and leaned towards her.  

-"BECAUSE I WANT TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOU!!" she screamed in my ear.