3.8

michael was upset.

jack was being complicating, whining that he wanted macaroni instead of pizza, and then instead of that he wanted cereal and toast. when he tried giving the kid a bath, he whined and kicked and complained, and even splashed michael and got bubbles all over himself. and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get jack to go to sleep. jack bounced all around the room until he picked him up and held him down on the bed, resulting in him crying.

it was a rough night, and with luke back at his house for the night, he had no help whatsoever. so he called luke and let him pick up his son so he could get out for a while and go on a long walk.

and he did go on a long walk.

but then it was cut short at the sight of a bar. and god, he didn't want to go in, but he did. and the old atmosphere ghosted a smile across his face.

walking up to the old bar he used to sit at every night even after he was completely trashed still, after all these years, felt like home to him. and that was a feeling that michael dreaded and hated the most.

the bartender gave him drink after drink after drink until everything was spinning and he could barely walk. then he waved goodbye, giggling and tripping a few times, and stumbled back out into the slightly warm october night.

the smell of barbecue and smoke wafted through the air, and the streets were mostly empty as michael began walking god knows where. but all he knew was that he definitely wasn't making it home tonight.

and then he stopped, turning around at the voice of a familiar person.

"you know you could've stopped chugging your beer a while ago and gave me a proper hello, michael."

confused, he said, "what are you doing here?"

michael's words were slightly slurred, and he was much quieter than usual.

the boy shrugged, "alex and i have been having some problems, wanted to get away from it for a while."

for some reason, that made michael giggle. "so-" he chuckled, "you go to a bar and don't get drunk?"

calum laughed humorlessly, "i guess i'm pretty pathetic, aren't i?"

they stepped closer to each other, and were now only a few feet away from each other.

"i don't think you're pathetic" michael grinned, "i think you're really fucking hot."

the other boy shook his head, "we shouldn't be doing this. you shouldn't be saying that."

he shrugged, the only thing on his mind at that moment was sex. sex with calum, for that matter. "i've missed you."

michael grinned again, chuckling. but calum really did look good. he had gotten more muscle instead of just bones, a few tattoos, and even dyed some of his hair blonde. though he still sported a ripped band tee and black skinnies.

"please don't" he shook his head, "michael you know i love alex."

again, michael shrugged. "and i have luke, but he's babysitting my child right now."

he stepped closer to calum, resting his hands on the boy's hips with a smug smile on his face. calum looked torn between alex and him, biting down hard on his lower lip.

michael giggled, leaning closer so their lips were now brushing, his hands sliding up the boy's shirt and his fingers trailing over his stomach.

"just kiss me, calum" he whispered, leaning in more so the space was closed and they were kissing.

calum mumbled "fuck it" and pulled michael closer, hands cupping his cheeks.

for a brief few moments, their kiss was soft, full of the years they spent apart and the love they used to share.

until it dimmed and left only passion and lust. michael backed up calum until his back was against the wall and continued his escapade, breaking their kiss and kissing down his jawline, beginning to get more rushed because of the blood flowing to his pants.

instead of going up, michael's hands went down, slipping his fingers into calum's pants.

he groaned, "michael not here, people are gonna catch us."

"let them" he mumbled, sucking near the boy's collarbone.

"mike no" calum replied, trying not to moan at the undeniable pleasure. "let's just go to your house."

michael huffed and broke away from calum, "fine."

and so they got a cab, both of them at least slightly being under the influence. the ride made michael think of luke and how much this would affect him if he found out. but he just wanted one more night with calum, just like old times.

they didn't even do anything while they were in the cab, just stared awkwardly out the windows, space still left in between them.

after they paid and got out, michael was rethinking his decision. this was cheating. cheating wasn't a good thing and if luke found out everything would turn to absolute shit. he needed luke, because he loved him.

calum caught up to him and whispered, "stop rethinking everything, he's not gonna find out mikey."

when michael opened the door, the house was completely dark, reassuring him that nobody was here. he turned on a few lights and turned to calum.

"please make me stop rethinking" he said hesitantly, but he really wanted this.

calum nodded and silence fell between them as he stepped over to the white haired boy, slipping his hands under his shirt and leaning in to kiss him.

michael felt relieved that he didn't have to make the first move, making his guilt lessen the slightest bit.

their kiss got more heated, michael parting his lips to allow calum to deepen it. they were both clouded with guilt, but god they wanted this so bad.

the hallway light upstairs flicked on as someone moved down the staircase.

"michael?"

A/N: i was gonna make this a really long chapter but i'm splitting it into two parts, the next chapter will be up later!!

writer's block is a bITCH but i'm back !

also it's not letting me publish this so did this publish?