Chapter 39: Not To Toot My Own Horn

Начните с самого начала

I mean, not put in the most romantic of terms, but at least he does.

Shut up! I scolded myself internally.

'Out of our minds, and out of time,
Wishin' I could be with you,
To share the view, oh
We could've fallen in love
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh
We could've fallen in love
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Out of our minds, and out of time,
Wishin' I could be with you,
To share the view, oh
We could've fallen in love
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh
We could've fallen in love-'

That's when I fell apart. I dropped to the ground, fortunately next to a tree so I could lean up against it as I sobbed. I can't believe it. When did my life get so screwed up?

Jack loves me. I mean truly loves me. I saw that in the way he looked at me that day and last week.

Do I love him?

No you can't!! I scolded myself again.

Or can you? My subconscious jested.

No, yes? No! I can't. Can I?

Oh I'm fed up of this, I need a drink. Preferably something strong.

I stood up and brushed the dried grass cuttings off of my legs. Wiping my eyes I jogged to the nearest pub, which fortuitously wasn't that far. I sent Beth a quick text telling her to meet me there. Thankfully I'd shoved a twenty into my armband just in case I needed a taxi. But this would be a much better use of my cash.

When I got to the pub, I headed straight to the bar. I sat on a stool an signalled the bar tender who gladly walked over. Beth, had not turned up yet so I was on my own.

"What can I get you?" The very attractive guy behind the bar said.

"Something strong" I muttered.

He chuckled. "Coming right up" he messed around mixing some stuff, shaking it around, adding something else and then he finally served it.

I took the glass in my hand and drunk it down in one. "Thanks"

He laughed. "One of them nights huh?"

"Tell me about it" I grumbled.

"So whats a beautiful young lady such as yourself doing at a bar, by herself, drowning her sorrows in alcohol?" He said with a smile on his face.

"You think I'm beautiful?" I blushed.

He chuckled nervously. "Well... yeah. But that doesn't answer my question"

So I told him everything that happened with Tom and Jack and he nodded in understanding.

"Shit. No wonder you're here" I just nodded.

"How much do I owe you for the drink?"

"Nothing. On the house, my treat" he winked.

"Thank you" I said with a smile.

"There you are!" A familiar voice said. Beth. "I've been looking everywhere for you, I should've know you'd be at the bar" she said smacking her head.

Marcus, the bartender chuckled, and this caught Beth's attention.

"Hello?" She asked suspicously.

"Hi, you must be Beth?" Beth raised her eye brows.

"Yeah?"