Remembering The Past

I'm sure I looked like a fish with the way my mouth kept opening and closing. "Wait," Tarris says, surprised," you two know each other?"

"We're sisters," I say, my voice barely above a wisper. The shock was making it hard to breath. I continued to stare at the girl-now woman- I had lost so long ago.

***Flashback***

My 9-year-old self laughed as my 11-year-old sister Sulma made funny faces to cheer me up as I cried. I had just broken my new toy I had gotten for my birthday yesterday. It was a doll I had been wanting for forever. Now, its brown hair was singed from the fire I had accidentally dropped it into. The plastic was melted and it's clothes were chard.

"It's okay," Sulma says comfortingly,"I'm sure mom and dad will buy you another. It was an accident."

"Really?" I ask while rubbing my eyes to clear away the tears.

"Yes," she says confidently," As a matter of fact, let's fo ask them now!"

"Okay!" I say, now excited, "let's go!" I grab my sister's outstretched hand and run with her into the house, toy forgotten.

4 Years Later

I was now 13 and I thought I was dying.

"Sulma!" I yell, frightened.

My bathroom door busts open and in steps my now 15-year-old sister.

"What is it?" she asks, panicked.

"I'm bleeding," I say.

"Where?" she asks as she begins to examine me.