Long-lost Sibling

After we had finally gotten everything packed, we were ready to go. Tarris wanted to carry me again but I wouldn't let him. He grumbled for a moment but otherwise stayed quiet.

"Well, where to?" I question.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and turns me. "This way," he says.

I pull the straps from the tent tighter onto my shoulder and step forward. Immediately, I'm stopped then turned around. Without a word, Tarris pulls the tent off my shoulders, smiles, then starts walking.

"Hey!,"I say indignantly.

Without turning he says, "Well, you wouldn't let me carry you then you left me with nothing to carry. At least let me carry the tent... Unless you'll let me to carry you?"

"I'm good," I say sternly.

"Okay, then. I carry the tent," he orders.

"Fine," I say, not really caring either way. If he wants carry to the heavy thing, let him. It made it easier for me to manuever through the woods.

After that, we fell into a comfortable silence. Every now and then, Tarris would point at plants and tell me the names of them. It kinda impressed me on how much he knew. We had walked for awhile and I was starting to get tired.

When I get tired, I get clumsy so it was no surprise when I tripped over a stick. What was a surprise is that I didn't hit the ground. Instead, I had ended up in Tarris's arms completely off the ground.

"Guess I get to carry you after all," he says with a smirk then continues walking.

I sigh but keep quiet. 'Why bother? It's comfortable and I'm tired. He probably wouldn't put me down anyways. Plus, he smells really nice' I thought as I snuggled myself closer to him and inhaled. Above me, I heard Tarris chuckle. The sound nearly had me purring. His laughter was rich and deep and sensuous. 'And I thought his his voice was sexy... Wait. Did I just call him sexy?'

"You most certainly did." You could tell by his voice that he was smirking.

Embarrassed, I dug my face deeper into his T-shirt to hide my face then mumbled, "Stop reading my thoughts."

"Hmm, I don't think I will. You have many interesting thoughts and I love hearing them. Especially yhe ones about me."

I look up at him only to see his signature smirk. I blush an even deeper color and sigh. If my face got any more red, I'd explode.

"I doubt that," he says reading my mind," Actually, I find it adorable."

"So I've heard," I mumble.

He just smiles and continues walking, he wasn't even breaking a sweat even though he was carrying both me and the tent.

Just a short while later, a log cabin comes into view. It wasn't that big but it was beautiful. It had a porch, too."Here it is," Tarris says. I look up at him only to see him looking down at me.

"It's beautiful," I say," it really is but...can you put me down now?"

Tarris smiles mischievously and says," You know, I don't think I will. I like carrying you and I know you like it too."