An Explanation and A Kiss

Soooo... No one has commented any jokes yet. Since no one has, I'll put up a riddle and whoever gets it first will have their name eventually put into my story. Just comment your answer and if you get it right I'll reply. Here is the riddle-

You put me on a table and cut me, but don't eat me. What am I?

First one to get it wins! Now, on with the story!
************************************

When I got back to camp, Tarris was already there. He looked at me and smiled mischievously, no doubt remembering what he had done just a little while ago. Then, he proceeded to sit next to the still burning fire and grabbed my marshmallows that I had left laying on the ground after last night's spider incident.

Stomping over I sat down across from him and snatched my marshmallows back. He raised his eyebrow but didn't say anything. After our staring contest that consisted of me glaring while he tried not to laugh, I finally spoke.

"Well? Are going to explain or not?," I snapped. I usually wasn't so rude to people but he just seemed to push my buttons. Sighing, he looked down. Then quickly leaned over and grabbed the marshmallows I had laid down after stealing them back.

"Hey!," I say indignantly.

"What? You weren't going to eat them. Consider it payment for the explanation I'm about to give," He says, then pops a marshmallow into his mouth.

I sigh. 'No need to get childish over marshmallows. You're just mad he tricked you. It wasn't even a big deal.' I agree with my thoughts and decide that I could always buy another bag. Happy with my decision, I focus back on Tarris only to find him staring at me. I blush and look down, embarrassed on how I had zoned out on him. "Alright, you can keep the marshmallows, but I want an explanation now," I say, still not meeting his eyes.

Suddenly, I heard him shuffling closer. I look up in time to see his hand reach for my face. His green eyes stared into mine as he leaned closer. My breath caught in my throat as I unconsciously leaned toward him, eager for what was about to come.

His lips were now centimeters from mine and I glanced down to watch their progress. His lips then softly skimmed over mine, feather light. I closed my eyes in bliss and he proceeded to add pressure to the kiss. ' His lips are so soft' I reached my hands up to his shoulders and gripped his green T-shirt. He nipped my lips and I gasped at the small sting. Immediately, he deepened the kiss and plunged his tongue into my mouth. Shyly, I pushed back with my own tongue, tasting the sweetness from the marshmallow he had been eating. He groaned and that seemed to snap me out of the haziness that had become my reality.