Hope Abound

Tarris P.O.V
What the fuck was that?!

Tarris shakes of pieces of wood from the crash of his untimely decent. The gold plating of his scales prevented injury but he was nontheless rattled. He looks up through the trees to see a smoke flowing from a side of the mountain.

No doubt that has something to do with Mayhem.

Tarris prepares to take off then leaps, prepared to finish Mayhem for good and save Sue. He wanted to know why she left and how he could fix it... Whatever he did wrong.

Sue P.O.V
"It's just like hiking," Sue thinks, "just, you know, as a gigantic lizard."

Shortly after starting off, Eegrin started doing on her back leaving Sue to her own thoughts. She didn't know what to do, spreading her wings like she did and crash landing had done her wings no good. She couldn't speak them without shooting pain spreading through the muscles. She was grounded.

Fat lot of help I am.

She didn't know how to change back either so, for now, she was stuck this way. The beauty of the woods around her did nothing to lift her mood, especially since it was getting darker and everything was starting to look more sinister. She decided that it was best that she try to find some place for them to spend the night so she continued trekking.

Eventually she came across a large rock with an overhang and decided that it would have to do. With some careful maneuvering, she managed to slide Eegrin of with only a few pained grunts from him. It worried her that he wasn't waking and stifled her whine of pain as she can't her wing over him, protecting him from the slight chill. With a final survey of the woods around her, Sue laid her head down to rest.

I wish I was home with Tarris and Sulma.

Tarris P.O.V

Reaching the source of the smoke did little to alleviate his worry. There was a hole where the wall was supposed to be for goodness sake! Tarris swiftly landed and barged through the hole, ready for war. What he found however, was something that made even him balk.

Multiple chains hung from the ceiling, all holding... Birdcages? Aloft in the air. Except these cages weren't for all little birds, the cages were human sized. Many were battered looking and snapped away from the chains, now on the ground. Tarris slowly shifted back and trudged further in, finding stairs that lead up. He went up and opened the door only to be back outside. Tarris began to feel a sense of hopelessness.

Damnit! Where are they?! Please God Sue, please be okay. Please...

He let out a roar of anguish and rage, letting his family know where he was and releasing his emotions all in one.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 17, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Mate To A Dragonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें