To Much Chat

Raven

I was dreading seeing my foster mom. I cried in my room. Feeling so stupid and ashamed of myself. Trying to get rid of my hickies.

Man i tried everything toothpaste, a cold spoon. It was slowly but surely going away. Once i heard the front door i got nervous.

"Raven! Pierre! Please come downstairs now." She yelled. We both went down to the living room.

Sitting down next to pierre we looked at Ms.marshal. We were all silent sitting looking at her.

"The school called me yesterday due to the absence of both of you. Now why don't you both explain to me why." She said.

I was shocked what was pierre doing? He looked up and over at me. "I was helping trina she got put out the house. I couldn't just leave her." Pierre said.

That was smooth. She then looked over at me. "I forgot to finish my project so i went to the library to catch up. I cannot fail this class im sorry." I said lying.

"Both of you just go. Get washed up and ready for dinner." She said standing up to leave. Sitting there my nerves were still bad.

Pierre looked at me. "Library huh? Good lie." He said. "Yeah you to." I said going to my room. I had already showered.

At the dinner table nobody talked.

I had missed two days money stared me down. It was Thursday in the evening. All morning i was making up.

Final exams were right around the corner. Damn the school year was flying by. Seems like yesterday when i joined this craziness.

It may be a private area but boy it had some shit going on. Making it to lunch i sat down. Manny sat next to me. I was so nervous i couldn't look at him.

"Did you find your boy? Or not raven." He said low but still had bass in his voice. I didn't know if i should lie or be honest.

Looking at him his eyebrow was raised. "Nope haven't heard from him. I figured i should stay away from him." I said.

Manny then snapped. "Look at your freaking neck im not a dummy. Listen to me my life depends on you finding him. If not you going down to. Now again find him this my last damn time."

He then walks off on me looking stupid as ever. Ashley pranced pass me not even looking at me. Tony texted my phone.

Tony
-I got to see you later on today its important.-

Raven
-Tell me now my mom is not even gonna let me slide this time.-

Tony
-Girl you need to chill yo ass out. Aint nobody about to take you nowhere. I wont be there long.-

Raven
-Oh ok cool that can work.-

Later in the evening i mind my own business. All my thoughts were racing a mile a mintue.

I knew manny wasnt going to give up on me. Going to my locker i grabbed my bag. It was almost time to go. The bell rung.

Manny found me outside. Pierre was with trina fussing as always. "So raven whats up?" Manny said. I rolled my eyes.

"We will talk when i get home. Ill let you know." I said. Mia then walks over to us. "Why is it every time i turn around you in her face?" She said.

I shut up and stood there. "Mia chill alright im trying to handle some business. Now chill out." He yelled. "For now but its not over." She said.

Rolling my eyes i was done. "Ill call you." I said walking off to my ride. Making it home i showered and changed.

Moments later tony pulled up. I walked outside to his car and got in. His music was very low as he sat there silently.

Finally talking he grabbed a cigarette lit it up and smoked. "Say beautiful i got to catch this flight out of town tonight. I came by to give yo sexy ass a goodbye kiss." He smiled.

I sat there looking at his serious face. Inside i was happy he was leaving. He had caused so much trouble. I didn't like carlos so i didn't care.

Its the thought of manny knowing i mess with tony. Honestly i dont know how manny know it was tony who got him shot at.

Trust me i dont care to know it wasnt my problem it was theirs. Staring in space he touched my leg. "Baby you okay?I know its a lot but ill be back by summer time. Ill come back for you. I promise."

I looked at him and smiled. We kissed and i got out of his car. Inside the house i laid on my bed with the tv on.

It watched me because i wasnt watching it. Laying there i held my pillow and thought of tony. It was pretty bad how he did me dirty tricking me the way he did.

I mean it was wrong but damn my feelings for him were there.Manny then called my phone. "Hello. Yo raven you talk to ole boy yet?"

"Yeah just got off the phone with him." "Okay and?" He said. "Okay and he said he was leaving town." I said. Manny hung up on me.

Friday came thank god. I needed some alone time. Money and i pretty much studied together and got it together for finals.

I was a little rusty but money kept me on my toes. On my way to class mia walked up on me. "Raven just the girl i wanted to see." She said.

I stared her down. "Whats up?" I asked unbothered. "Look i dont know whats going on but manny is looking for you. Girl you better watch your back."

Mia walked off. Man im scared i dont know what to do. Hell im lost to and tony is gone. Pierre is useless and clueless as well.

Walking i was so blurred out i ran into something. [Slam]!

I was pinned by my neck on somebodys locker by manny. His eyes were red and his grip was strong. I was gasping for air.

"Didnt i tell you i wasnt playing! Huh? You think its a game? I swear on my mama if we were in the streets and not in this hallway ill blow yo wig off."

Tears ran down my face he looked around. "Bitch i promise you dont want to play with fire so im gone show you a thing or two about playing with me and shit. After school you riding with me!" He let me go.

I heard his crazy ass was packing too. Oh shit what is happening. Is this real? I wish this dream was over already.