Chapter 39

Shanaya's outfit for the party.

Shanaya's POV :

We all got dressed. I picked my full sleeved navy blue dress with silver jems on the sleeves. I paired it with silver dangling earrings and navy blue high heels. The heels were one of my favourite pair of shoes. My make-up was kept to a minimal, with only faded blue eye shadow on my eyelids. I had straightened my hair and left it fall to my left side. My navy blue coat was placed over my dress. My navy blue clutch held my necessities.

The girls looked pretty as well. Most were wearing a party top and jeans or a full sleeved dress. They all looked amazing.

A car honked outside. We all walked out of my house, our heels clacking against the wooden floors. We piled into our cars as I took Brooklyn's.

We arrived at the party. It looked like your typical teenage house party: drunk teenagers everywhere, couples sloppily making out everywhere, plastic cups everywhere.

Brooklyn and I walked in hand in hand. The music was blasting out of the speakers, vibrating the whole house. We met a few people from our college, whom we said hi too.

'You wanna a drink?' Brooklyn whispered in my ear.

'Yes please. Coke will do just fine.' I said, surpressing my urge to giggle. I don't drink alcohol.

'Cool. I'll be back.' He let my side to grab us drinks.

I sat down on the couch, surrounded by couples that were on the brink of ripping each other's clothes. I cringed at the sight.

Ever heard of rooms?

I grew impatient. Where the fuck was Brooklyn? He's been gone for more than 15 minutes, it doesn't take that long to get drinks does it?

I sighed and got up, wanting to track him down. I made my ways through the crowd, pushing my way through the sweaty teenagers. My eyes were out for my brown eyed boyfriend, trying to spot his tall figure amongst the people. I stopped looking for him when I saw what was going on outside.

People were shouting 'Fight! Fight! Fight!' loudly. I decided to check put what the hell was going on.

I nearly fell over when I saw who the two people were. Brooklyn and Michael were fighting brutally, Michael drenched in blood. Brooklyn looked unharmed apart from a few bruises to the face. I winced again when Brooklyn punched Michael on the jaw, sending his face to the side and blood splutter out of his mouth. I decided to step in and stop.

I grabbed Brooklyn by the shoulders. 'Brooklyn, babe stop. You've done enough harm to his face.' I whispered in his ear.

Brooklyn was breathing heavily, his eyes glued to Michael. Michael on the other hand, was on the floor, clutching his stomach and coughing up blood.
Brooklyn untensed his shoulders from my touch, and turned to my face. His face immediately softened and quickly wrapped his arms around me, wrapping me into a hug. I awkwardly hugged him back, not knowing why he was hugging me or why he fought with Michael.

'You okay?' I asked, pulling out of the hug and examining his bruised face. He winced when my finger tips stroked over his bruise on his jaw.

'Yeah, I'm fine.' He said. I gave him a disbelieving look.

'Okay, then this shouldn't hurt.' I said, applying pressure to my finger that was over his bruised jaw. I backed his head away from me almost immediately.

'Shit Shanaya, that hurts.' He exclaimed, wrapping his hand over mine. I smirked.

'And you said you were fine.' I said.