twenty-nine

I took my walk of shame into
the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

After pulling off the top and taking a sip, I jumped up on the counter of the kitchen and found myself thinking about the moments Dinah and I spent in here. How I made her breakfast and she couldn't keep her hands off of me.

It was breaking me. Actually it officially broke me.

A tear fell out of my eye and I just let it happen. I hadn't officially cried about the break up yet. It kinda made me feel numb. Now that I'm actually hurting, I just want the numbness back.

"You got any chips?" Lauren asked walking into the kitchen.

I quickly wiped the tear from my cheek, "No. My parents sent me some more money to get food so we can go to the store."

I tried to hop down but Lauren stood in front of me to place to her hands on my hips and look up at me, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I sighed out. I didn't feel like having to explain the whole ordeal. It's easier to just play dumb than get all emotional.

"Keep lying to me and ill shove you off of this counter." Lauren's glare was harsh. "Now tell me."

"I miss her. Okay?" I huffed. I hated having to be honest to Lauren because she's so brutally honest. Trust me, I'm glad she's like that but sometimes it makes me feel so much worse.

"Your girl? Why? No offense but you never talked to me about her and when you did, you found out she was scum that was talking to another guy while she was with you. I kinda don't know why you should miss her." Lauren was still mad that I kept Dinah away from her.

"There's a reason why I can't talk about her." I frowned.

"Well, you're done so can I know now?" Lauren wasn't going to stop.

I looked back to see all of the other girls were busy talking and laughing. I pushed Lauren off of me to pull her into the den away from everyone else.

I sat her down on the couch and paced a few steps in front of her to think about what I'll even say.

I have to tell her at least. I can trust her.

"When I tell you this, you probably won't believe me." I told her.

"I don't think it really matters at this point."

I exhaled deeply before kneeling down in front of her, "The real girl I was with was named Dinah."

She lifted her eyebrow in confusion, "And?"

"Think of someone with the first name that's 'Dinah'. How many fucking Dinah's do you know?" I said in an annoyed tone.

She thought about it for a second because she knew she could figure it out. Then all of a sudden, her eyes got really really big. "You fucked our English teacher?!"

I tackled her and put my hands over her mouth, "What the fuck?! DON'T YELL THAT!"

Lauren pushed me off so that I'd sit beside her on the couch, "When-How did- what? This makes so much sense. No wonder you were spending so much fucking time in her class."

I nodded, "Yeah, but you can't tell anyone."

"What's your grade in there?" Lauren smirked.

"Barely a 'C' I think."

"Really?" Her eyes widened, "I would've thought fucking the teacher would grant rights to at least a B or A minus."

I smacked her arm, "Stop making jokes. You have to promise you won't say anything."