twenty-four

DINAH'S POV

"Well, go pick him up. I'll be at Lauren's for a while." She said in a hateful voice before the phone went dead.

I was so angry. I had to text Nela. Not to tell him I want him but to say it's over. I should've never started something with him again. He's always been bad news.

Nela: hey lil mama

Nela: are you gonna come over for another fun night like last time? ;) I need my weekly fix of DJ

DJ: ok no more nela

Nela: what do you mean?

DJ: this is over

Nela: really? again? are u serious

DJ: if I wasn't, I wouldn't tell you that this is over

Nela: if you keep doing this I won't take you back. there's plenty of girls from AU that would be down to be with me.

DJ: I don't care. I was with someone I really care about and when they saw your name they left. Delete my number. I have to move on from you. Sorry.

Nela: whatever deej. bye

I wiped one tear from my cheek. I did like Nela but that was a long time ago. I didn't think I could get over him but I have. And I've moved on with Y/N.

I bet she doesn't even want to see me now.

What the hell have I done? Fuck. Monday at school is gonna be so bad.

YOUR POV

I've had to distance myself from Camila for the rest of the weekend.

Listen, I don't mind kissing her but that night was a mistake and we went too far.

I was just so angry at Dinah that I thought I'd hurt her as much as she hurt me. But I took advantage of my friend in the process. She was just as upset as I was and we both were just too emotional.

I'm surprised Lauren didn't come down and find us. She would've been so upset. Only
for the fact that we were on her hammock doing those things.

I closed my locker and was surprised to see a smiling Camila standing on the other side of my door. A clump of books were clutched to her person and her hair was long and wavy. She looked really nice.

"You've been ignoring me, huh?" Camila asked after licking her lips.

I pulled my backpack off to place my government book inside then hung it back on my shoulders. "No. Why would I want to ignore you?"

"I dunno. Maybe you were upset about Saturday night."

I had to deny it. Even though it was good, I just don't know what's gonna happen between Dinah and I after this.

I put my arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, "Not at all. I- I just didn't think you were ready for all of that."

"Luke and I did worse." She admitted. We stopped outside of my first hour and stood by the open door. Camila looked up into my eyes and she pouted telepathically, "Just don't tell the other girls. I'm not sure if it meant anything for you."

"Camila-" I tried to talk to her but the tardy bell went off.

Her eyes widened and she kissed my cheek, "We will talk about this later."

I sighed out and pushed my hair back out of my face then turned on my heel to see Ms. Hansen standing outside at the door with her arms crossed.

"Would you like to join us, Ms. Y/L/N?" A stern voice asked me. I nodded and walked into class to take my seat beside Lauren.

Ms. Hansen clicked her heels in the class and went straight to the board to pick up a dry erase marker and write. I just threw my bag on the floor and leaned back in my chair. I'd really rather not be here.

Her handwriting was absolutely flawless but it wrote out a critique we were going to have to do over MacBeth, which I didn't read. I mean, I could barely read the board.

There were a list of parts for the critique but I didn't understand even one of them.

#1. Describe: Tell exactly what you read

#2. Analyze: Use the elements/principles to reflect upon the play

#3. Interpret: Consider the following

•What is the writer trying to say?

•What caused the writer to say it?

•What is the historical milieu that surrounds the play?

•Why was the play created in this particular style?

#4. Evaluate: How successful or important is the play?

"Please work on this alone, students. If you didn't read the book, well, you had enough time to do it. This will go into the grade book as a test grade." Ms. Hansen explained while looking down at me. "Now take out a piece of paper and begin. Remember, silence. After you're done, please work on something for another class."

I sighed out and nodded over at Lauren, "You got paper and a pen?"

She smiled and shuffled through her bag to hang me my much needed school utensils.

I sent her a smile back when I noticed Ms. Hansen was staring at me. I decided to make her upset. I leaned in to place a chaste kiss on Lauren's cheek, "Thanks Lilo."

"Eyes on your own paper, class." Ms. Hansen glared over.

I leaned back and studied the board trying to get some familiar words to make sense in my mind, but it all looked like Latin. Fucking dyslexia.

"Psst." I whispered over to Lauren which caused her luscious green eyes to scan me as a way to say she was listening. "What the fuck is a mi-lil-le-lu?"

She chuckled which caused Ms. Hansen to get angry, "Y/N, would you like to explain what's so funny to the class?"

"No, ma'am because I have better jokes than what she was laughing at." I retorted.

Her glare turned colder, "If I talk to you again, I'll move you."

I nodded and everyone got quieter. Lauren whispered back over to me, "It means a social environment."

"Ohhhhh." I exclaimed loudly on accident.

"Y/N, please move over by Blake." She ordered.

I exaggerated my chair scooting across the floor to disrupt the class. Then picked up my bag sassily which made my friends laugh. I snatched my paper and pencil from the desk to sit by Blake, who I barely knew.

When I sat down, I did a little fist bump and smiled, "Sup kid. How's it going? Women, am I right?" He chuckled at my goofiness.

I placed my paper and pencil on the desk and Ms. Hansen spoke up, "Y/N, are we gonna have a problem here too?"

I shrugged, "Not sure. Check back in about 5 minutes when I lose focus and start talking again."

The whole class broke out into a roar of laughter which caused Ms. Hansen to get steamed. "That's it, you have detention after school today."

Another shrug left my shoulders, "That's fine. It's not like I was going anywhere after school today anyways."

Everyone was hysterical which brought her to my boiling point, "Fine. Go to Vice Principal Jones office now."

"But I-" I began to argue but she stopped me.

"NOW!"

The whole class grew quiet and I shot up to throw my chair to the back of the class. I crumpled the paper up and handed the pencil back to Lauren.

I shot a three pointer into the trash and smiled, "Go ahead and put my test down for a zero. I won't be back."

I waved back to my friends, "Bye!"

I hurried to get out of the door and slam it shut.

I'm tired of her dominating me. I guess this is what has to happen.