twenty-five

The plastic chair in the office bothered the hell out of me. I was so uncomfortable, but I didn't expect to have a laz-E boy sitting outside.

The VP and I aren't strangers. I at least come by three times a month because one of my teachers get tired of me. At this point, Im used to it.

"Ms. Y/L/N," Vice Principal Jones said peeking out of his office door, "Let's get this over with."

I grabbed my backpack and flung one strap over my shoulder to walk into the big office room.

Degrees, and trophies lined the walls of this room.

"Take your favorite seat." He told me.

Principal Jones is 40 years old with a head full of gray hairs. Those hairs are from me. When he first started working here, he had dark brown hair. Now he looks like a old man. He said that after meeting me, he never wants kids. I'm glad I have that effect on him.

"Now," His deep voice breathed out lowly, "Who's class were you in and what did you do before I call and ask them?"

I exhaled, "I was in Ms. Hansen's class and she got mad because I was talking during a critique."

"Did she say no talking?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"She might have mentioned that." I smirked.

Jones shook his head and picked up the phone to hold it between his ear and shoulder then dial on the number pad for Ms. Hansen's class.

While it rang, my eyes wandered around the room to see the multiple pictures of him and his wife. They were a cute couple, so I shipped it.

"How's Carol?" I smiled.

"She's good." He nodded then heard Ms. Hansen answer the phone, "Hey, Hansen. I have your student, Y/N, in my office and I was hoping you could shed a little light on this issue."

I couldn't hear what she was saying but Jones was writing down on a piece of stationary. I'm guessing it was so he could add it to my file.

"Mhm. Okay. That sounds like her. And what have you decided for a punishment? Thank you." He replied between pauses to the lady on the phone before hanging the corded phone back up.

"How's Ms. Hansen doing?" I asked with a smirk.

He frowned and shook his head, "Not funny, Y/N. When are you going to start taking your academics seriously?"

"When I can understand what's put in front of me." I responded confidently.

"Would you like me to put you in resource classes?"

I vigorously shook my head, "No, fuck that! I'm not special. If you do that I'll just drop out."

"I'll excuse that language because I know how you feel about that. I'm sorry for threatening you with it. But listen.. You're a senior. You can't keep doing this. Do you understand? If it keeps happening, resource classes will be your only hope for passing."

I groaned and nodded. "Fine, what's my punishment."

"Two weeks detention."

Fuck.

"Fine." I got up to grab my pink slip for detentions and looked to see who my teacher for detentions would be. "WITH MS. HANSEN?! YOU'RE JOKING, RIGHT?"

I shook his head, "That's the punishment she decided and I agree with it. Now, second period is about to start so you need to get headed out of here. And make smart decisions."

I hung my head and stuffed the paper into my bag to leave Jones' office.

--

"How much trouble did you get into?" Lauren asked with a smirk after I sat myself down across from her at the lunch table.

"Two weeks of detention with Hansen." I groaned after putting my head on my government textbook.

Camila rubbed my back and cooed me, "Two weeks isn't so bad. At least it's not like that time you got ISS for a month."

I looked up, "Yeah. I felt like I was in Shu."

"Hansen looked sad after you left, though." Normani pointed out.

"Good. She sent me to Jones' office. Did you know he's threatening me with resource classes because I keep getting into trouble?" I said flabbergasted.

Ally laughed while pushing her salad plate away, "Maybe thats because he's dealt with this for four years."

"IT'S RESOURCE. IM NOT RETARTED." I exclaimed.

Ally smacked me arm roughly from across the table, "We don't use that word! We say 'special'."

I rolled my eyes at her, "They don't see it that way."

--

I stood over at my locker at the end of school and felt two hands press on my hips.

My body turned to see Camila biting her lip with a smirk. I pulled her hands off and exclaimed, "What are you doing?"

"No one will be here for about five minutes and you know it." Camila laughed. She was right. It takes our friends forever to group together. "I want to talk to you about Saturday."

"Okay. Talk."

She kept her happy expression and continued, "I'm not expecting us to date. Mostly because we both got out of a relationship and we're not the happiest people at the moment. Well, you aren't. I'm getting there."

"So.." I wish she'd get to the point.

Camila tip toed up to my face and placed a soft kiss on my lips and started moving them together for a few minutes. We heard people coming down the hall so she pulled away with a clever smile, "Thank you." She whispered.

For what?

"Ayo, troublemaker!" Normani exclaimed from down the hall. "Shouldn't you be in hell right now?"

I shrugged, "She can wait."

"No, she can not." Ms. Hansen sternly proclaimed with her hands on her hips, standing outside of her door.

"Ooo." My four friends teased while I slammed my locker.

"Wish me luck." I kissed Camila's cheek to give Dinah a bit more of a jealous reaction before walking into the classroom.