twenty-three

I was absolutely heart broken.

Sure, we've never said I love you on a regular basis but I didn't think it mattered. The way her and I looked at each other made me believe we felt the same way.

I guess not. Whoever Nela is, I hope he's happy with Dinah as much as I am. I mean was.

I grabbed my shirt from the end of the bed and buttoned my pants on.

I lifted the fallen lamp off of my bag and picked it up quietly. I stuffed my sneakers into the bag and with blurry eyes, made my way through the hallway.

I dropped the bag and it made a loud clutter.

"Babe, are you okay?" Dinah asked from the shower.

I hurried to slip on my mandals I sat in the hall and made my way out of the front door, then down the stairs of the complex to hurry into my car.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I pulled out my phone to text Dinah goodbye.

Y/N: I had to leave. This obviously isn't my place. Have fun with Nela. I'm sure he'll get his DJ fix. xoxo

I reversed quickly to speed out towards the highway to the one house I know I can be happy at.

After driving about 20 miles to a community, my car parked outside a house almost like my own.

I knocked on the door while trying to muffle my sobs. The door opened and her green eyes faded when she saw me, "Y/N? What happened?"

I ran into her arms to hold her tightly. I needed to just come out and say it. No time for bullshitting, "I think she's been cheating on me this whole time, Laur."

I could feel her body heat up and she pulled away to look at me, "Do you want me to kill her?"

I chuckled, "No."

"You think I'm joking." Her voice got stern, "But I will do it."

"Can I just please stay with you for the rest of the night?" I begged her.

She nodded and kissed my forehead, "Go upstairs and I'll make you soup. Mom's is the best for a heart break."

I nodded and slowly walked up the ragged stairs to her room. A dark room with band posters covering the wall. Then the occasional photos of her and I. Then some of the rest of the girls.

Her queen sized bed was enough for the both of us and I've been in it more than all of her ex boyfriends combined.

This room gave me the warmth and comfort I needed to have to relax.

Lauren walked in with a bowl and crackers on a tray.

"Mom made chili but it's still warm so it'll be good." Lauren told me while sitting the tray down on her desk.

I shook my head and curled up in her covers, "No thanks, Lo. I don't really want to eat."

Lauren walked over to sit on the edge of the bed beside me. Her fingers trailed through my entangled hair. "How did you find out?"

"Some guy texted her. Saying they wanted some of her or whatever. I dunno. Maybe I'm overreacting but it doesn't seem like it. They had a lot more texts between each other with winky faces but I didn't read them. I couldn't." I admitted feeling her nails softly massage over my scalp.

Just then, my phone started going off in my pocket and Lauren could feel it.

She held her hand out, "Lemme talk to her."

I shook my head and stayed serious, "No. I'm fine."

I got up from her bed and answered the phone in the hallway outside of Lauren's room.