The Ending, but really, Another Beginning

Lauren's been your girlfriend for several months now - four months, two weeks, and 3 days, to be exact - and they have been the best months of your life. Lauren is everything you ever wished for and more (and some things you didn't wish for, but you can't complain). You're so happy it sometimes drives you crazy.

You're both sitting in the living room, looking at apartments for sale. You're not exactly looking for one but it's something the two of you want someday: your own place. It might be a little soon but you can't wait for that day to come.

You sit back, watching her as she looks at the newspaper, as she nods and shakes her head at certain things. She's beautiful, you can't help but think. You also can't help but tell her every chance you get or are reminded. She's beautiful and you love her.

It doesn't scare you anymore, to think those words about her. You haven't told her yet and you don't know if it should be now or later, but you love her and that's all that matters. You did tell your mom though because when you first realized that you loved her, it scared you beyond belief. Your mom helped you come to terms with it, helped you realize that your feelings are normal and special. Every time that love blooms, the warmth in you makes you feel good. You love her.

Lauren's eating pretzels. You watch as she rubs some of the salt off before eating them. It makes you smile.

'Everything alright over there?' She asks, tapping your leg. She looks at you through the corners of her eyes.

A smile blooms on your lips, slow and small. 'Yeah, everything's alright.'

'Good,' is all she says and eats another pretzel.

You don't know what comes over you but you lean towards her and turn her head. She looks shocked but when you kiss her, her features calm and she kisses you back. She tastes like pretzels and forever.

'What was that for?' she asks when you pull back with an easy smile.

'I love you,' you say without thought.

Lauren's eyes go wide. She works her mouth, not sure what to do but you're not afraid. You love her and that's all that matters. 'Wh-what?' She stutters.

You laugh and lean back. 'I love you,' you say it again and it feels even better the second time.

'You love me?' She asks, confused, but you can see the corners of her lips tilt up.

'I do.'

She lets out a long breath, shakes her head and looks at you. She's smiling wide now, big and open, and scoots closer to you. She places her hands on your legs and leans forward and kisses you.

'I love you too,' she says, her eyes watery, and so bright.

And you think this is it. You love her and she loves you and you want to spend your life with her.

You pull her on top of you and lay back, your head resting on the arm rest. She's pressing her ear to your chest and taps your heart beat on your arm. The two of you stay like that until you both fall asleep.

The last thought on your mind before you succumb to sleep is that Lauren's beautiful and yours and she loves you like you love her.

This is all you could have ever hoped for.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: thanks for reading!