Part 13

The next time you and Lauren go out is a few days later. It's Lauren's turn to plan the date and you get giddy just thinking about it. Sofi is in your room helping you pick out an outfit, or more like turning down everything you suggest.

'Sofi,' you groan, frustrated. 'You're supposed to be helping me! At this rate, I'll have to go naked.' Sofi makes a face and you laugh.

'It's not my fault you dress horribly,' she says, holding up an old shirt and crinkling her nose. You smack her on the shoulder, laughing when she tries to hit you back and misses.

'Fine,' you throw your hands up in defeat, 'go at it then. You create an outfit that lives up to your keen fashion sense.'

She pushes you aside and goes through your clothes, matching items together. 'Can I ask you something?' She asks from within your closet.

'Yeah, what's up?' you ask, sitting forward, looking at your sister.

'Is this thing with Lauren- is it real?' She asks hesitantly, throwing a shirt aside.

'I think it is. I really like her,' you say, waiting for her to look at you. When she doesn't, you ask, 'does it bother you?'

She sighs loudly, sitting down on a pile of clothes. 'I don't think so,' she answers, eyebrows furrowing.

'What aren't you sure about?'

She looks at you then at the ceiling, and says, 'you're sisters?'

You smile and say, 'oh.' You get up and sit next to her, wrapping your arm around her shoulders. 'But we're not related through family. We're not blood sisters like you and me. Do you understand?'

It looks like she's thinking your words over and nods her head, 'yeah, I think I understand.' She leans her head on your shoulder, 'I like you two together. You're always smiling.'

You kiss the top of her head, 'me too. I think I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend tonight.'

She sits up and looks at you, eyes wide. 'Really?' She asks excitedly. You nod your head and she squeals. 'Then you definitely need a cute outfit!' You laugh and agree.

She ends up picking out a really cute outfit that you think you would have eventually chosen. She chooses a pair of skinny black pants, a white sheer button up with a black tank top, paired with a dark red leather jacket. She pulls out a pair of black ankle boots and smiles triumphantly when she sees it laid out altogether. 'How's that look?' she asks.

You look at the outfit impressed, nodding in approval. 'Wow Sof, that looks amazing. Good job,' you say and pull her into a side hug.

'Good!' she says, hugging you back, 'now get dressed! You only have an hour to do something with that face and hair of yours.'

You laugh loudly, saying 'hey!' She just shrugs her shoulder and you push her out of the room. 'Get out of here. I have a date to get ready for!'

You close your door and get dressed, struggling only a little bit trying to put your boots on. You head to the bathroom to do your makeup and hair. You barely finish and feel satisfied when you hear your name being called.

You don't know why but your heart is in your throat and your hands are sweaty. Maybe you do know why but you don't want to think about it. You just got to stay positive because things between the two of you have been really good and that means good things, right? That means she'll say yes? Yes - at least you hope so.

You head downstairs and see Lauren talking to your mom, a serious but hopeful look on her face. Your mom is saying something and it seems stern but the tilt on her lips tells you that she's teasing. Lauren is nodding her head, not exactly looking your mom in the eyes. You continue down the stairs, accidentally stepping on the one that creaks, making both women look at you.