Part 12

As it turns out, you suck at planning a first date. Doesn't help that you've only been on two dates - neither being great - and that all that comes to mind is the cliché dinner and movie. It also doesn't help that Lauren is some master chef so dinner elsewhere seems lacking. But the movie sounds good because there is a movie that the two of you want to see.

Now you just need the first half of the date to plan. It shouldn't be this hard, you two already had sex! Anything should do, right? No, you want to impress her, show her a good time in other ways. You're pacing your room, throwing away every idea.

You look at your clock and curse, it's almost time for your date. You run to the bathroom and get ready, brushing your hair and teeth, putting on your clothes. You're starting to panic, nothing coming to mind. You walk back to your room and look at the picture you got from your mom's honeymoon.

You smile and release a sigh, finally something you know will be good. Lauren is still in her room so you go downstairs and get what you need ready. You tell your mom your plans and she smiles, wishing you a good luck and to behave. You pack the stuff in the car and walk up the doorsteps. You ring the doorbell and wait.

Your mom answers with a confused look and you just smile. 'Is Lauren home?' You ask and she laughs.

'Ok, I get it. Let me grab her for you,' she leaves you at the doorstep and yells for Lauren. She invites you in, tells you Lauren is on her way. 'There she is,' she says.

You look up at the stairs as Lauren descends and you hold your breath. You let out a quiet holy shit, making your mom laugh beside you. Lauren smiles at you, eyes you up and down and nods, appreciating what she sees. 'You look beautiful,' she says and you blush.

'You look amazing,' you reply and she smiles shyly.

'Thanks,' and the two of you stand there just looking at each other, your mom standing there awkwardly. She clears her throat and you both come back to the moment.

'Right,' you squeak and Lauren chuckles. 'You ready?' You ask, offering her your arm.

Her eyebrow twitches and hooks her arm through yours. 'Let's do this.' Your mom wishes you a good time and waves as you pull out of the driveway.

It's silent for the first five minutes, your hands sweaty on the steering wheel. She's fidgeting, playing with the frayed ends of her shirt, looking out the window. She's wearing a tight short skirt and it's kind of driving you crazy how good she looks.

'So where are we going?' She asks and you start.

'Uhm, right. I thought we'd go to the beach, hang out, eat, before going to the movies?' It comes out like a question and she smiles.

'Are you asking me or telling me?' She says with a small laugh. She reaches over and squeezes your thigh. 'But that sounds good. I've always wanted to go to the beach.'

The rest of the trip is spent with small talk and singing along to the radio where you find out that she can sing. You listen to her voice, its soft raspiness making you break out in goosebumps. 'I didn't know you could sing,' you say shocked.

'I'm alright,' she says, trying to act humble.

'Alright my ass!' You exclaim, 'I don't break out in goosebumps to every good voice. You sound amazing; you're tone is crazy good.'

She laughs at you, shakes her head and looks at you like you're crazy. 'Please, you're just trying to get in my pants.'

'I already did,' and she smacks you, smirking, 'but seriously, Lauren, can I hear more?'