Part 14

The drive home is quiet, not even the radio on. The atmosphere is tense and expecting and electrifying. Your heart is pounding in your chest, a pleasant sensation pounding between your legs. You don't know how Lauren can be driving knowing what's going to come.

She pulls into the driveway quickly, the car bouncing hard. It clears your head just a bit to let you focus on breathing. She turns the car off but doesn't move, doesn't do anything.

She's absent mindedly playing with the car keys, tapping the key against the steering wheel. You reach over and hold her hand, feeling her twitch. She holds your hand back and squeezes.

'Are you okay?' You ask, feeling dread fill you up.

She turns to you, searches for something, nods. 'I am.'

'Are you regretting saying yes to being my girlfriend?' You say quietly, heart in your throat.

She laughs, low and soft, shakes her head. 'Never.'

'Then?' You can't help but ask exasperated.

'I just... I feel happy?' She says it like a question, like she isn't quite sure. 'I haven't felt like this in a long time...'

She trails off and half smiles, her thumb rubbing the back of your hand. 'Oh,' you breathe, smiling shyly. 'I'm glad you feel that way.'

'Me too,' she brings your hand to her mouth, kisses each knuckle. 'Thank you.'

You don't say anything, just lean over and kiss her softly on the cheek. 'We forgot Sofi's ice cream,' you whisper into her ear.

She laughs out loud, resting her head on your cheek. 'Let's go inside,' she says, pulling away and exiting the car. She waits for you at the front of the car, wrapping her arm around your shoulders when you reach her. 'I had a great time tonight.'

You rest your head on her shoulder, the both of you walking slowly. 'It's already over?' you ask with a pout.

She stops at the front door, hand on the doorknob. 'Part two comes later,' she growls and you suppress a moan.

'I hope to God I'm part two,' you whine and she laughs.

'You know it.'

----------------------------------------------

You're lying in bed, room lit by a nightlight, thinking about your date with Lauren. You're thinking about how everything happened so quickly, how you already had sex with Lauren -twice! - and now she's your girlfriend. You recall the words Lauren said the first time you had sex: 'it escalated quickly.'

You can't help but laugh but also feel weird about everything. This is normal right? The first time you really paid attention to Lauren, a connection was formed before you could even do anything about it. It was like she wasn't there and then she was all the time in the span of a second. You're just really glad she's around and in your life. You hope she is for the long run.

'Stop thinking,' you hear from the end of your bed. You let out a yell and jump off your bed, holding your chest.

'What the fuck?!' You gasp, trying to control your breathing. 'Lauren?!'

Lauren's laughing quietly. You can barely see her. 'I'm so sorry,' she says between laughs, 'I thought you heard me?'

'I didn't!' You scold, walking up to her and smacking her. 'You nearly gave me a heart attack!'

She places her hands on your waist, slowly moving them to the small of your back. 'I'm sorry,' she whispers, her hands sliding down, covering your ass. 'I didn't mean to,' she squeezes and you gasp, panting for a different reason now.