11. Dream Job

** I do not own the Harry Potter world, characters or places. They belong to J.K. Rowling. I am simply borrowing it. But the ideas are purely mine. Please read, comment, vote and fan. Now enjoy, ES <3 **

11. Dream Job

"That – that shot was splen-tacular! I just - I just made up that word. Get it? Get it? Like splendid and spectacular together!” Ginny said, snickering.

The others laughed.

The five of them: Ginny, Draco, Luna, Blaise and Neville were thoroughly plastered.

Ginny’s face was flushed as she twirled her fingers across the top of her shot glass.

Luna’s eyes were focused while the others were glazed over.

Blaise was smiling seductively at Neville who was trying to ignore him but the blush on his face showed that he wasn’t as unaffected by the looks as he lead on.

Draco on the other hand was staring at the empty shot glass in his hands. He frowned at it then placed it on the table. He pushed his chair back and leaned forward until he was eye level with the glass.

“Whatdidtheshotglassdotoyou?” Ginny asked, her words slurring.

“Er - whaaaaat was that?” Draco asked.

“Nothing,” Ginny muttered and laid her head against the table.

She was ridiculously drunk. She shouldn’t have had so much since she was scheduled to work tomorrow at WWW and George needed her. He was counting on her. She took care of a lot of things at the shop but she didn’t want to work there anymore. She wanted to have her own career that she chose.

“Then choose your own career. What do you want to do?”

Ginny looked up at Draco’s words to all four of them looking at her. She hadn’t realized she’d spoken out loud.

“But – but George needs me. Since Fred is…” She couldn’t finish.

Her eyes watered at the memories that flooded through her mind at the mention of Fred. Usually she wasn’t so emotional but lately, well, with the day she had today she had an excuse. She could be as emotional as she damn wanted to be today.

“George will be okay on his own. If he needs help, I’m sure he could find it.” Neville whispered. He took her hand then and squeezed it. Ginny squeezed back.

“What do you want to do? What have you wanted to become for a long time? What’s your dream job?” Draco asked.

She looked around the table and sighed. She didn’t want to work at WWW anymore. She wanted to go out into the world, make a difference.

“I want to be…” she stopped, rubbing her eyes with the heel of her hands.

“What do you want to be?” Luna asked as she twirled a lock of hair around her fingers.

“I want to be an Auror.” she whispered, expecting them to laugh.

For a few moments, no one said a thing and then they were all talking at once.

“You wanna be an Auror! But – but – but since when?” Neville asked.

“I like it. Do it.” Luna smiled.

“An Auror, yeah, I can toootally see it. Sexy woman in power,” Blaise winked at her.

“Whoa, Ginny, are you serious? Do it. You can. I know it. Why didn’t you ever say anything before?” Draco asked.

Killer Lies [Harry Potter Fanfiction] (Killers: 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara