3. Let It Go

• Dedicated to Allan Douglas

**Characters are not mine. They belong to J.K. Rowling. I am simply borrowing them but the ideas are purely mine. And if you like this story, thank MsAnonymous_Heart for the fast upload and also go check out her stories: Changing the Future & Obsessive Lily Disorder. Great Stories, both of them. Enjoy, ES <3**

 3. Let It Go

 The Burrow hadn’t changed much in the years since Ginny had been a child. She didn’t live there anymore and it was quieter than it had ever been with only George really living there but it would always be home. It was where she’d grown up, where she’d learned how to fly her first broom without her parents or her brothers knowing, even where she’d burnt her first meal. It was still filled with love and even acceptance though things were currently a little tight between Ginny and the others.

 They just didn’t know how to let something go much to her annoyance.

 Ginny apparated right outside the apparition wards; she righted her cloak and brushed back a lock of hair as she made her way to the house. As she drew near, she could hear yelling. She snorted; it seemed there’d be a full house today. Well, it was Sunday, Ginny thought sadly. Sunday was the day for the Weasleys’ family meals. She’d be hoping it would only be Ron and her parents; so much for that.

Blimey, mum was such a liar; Ginny thought as she stopped in front of the door and closed her eyes, exhaling loudly to try and relax. Mentally preparing herself for the craziness that was about to go down in the Burrow.

“GINNY!” Her eyes shot open as someone yelled her name. She looked up to see her mum heading towards her as she stepped through the front door. “Dear, why are you just standing there?” Molly asked curiously.

“I tripped and just righted myself,” Ginny lied as she followed her mum into the house.

A large table was laid out in the living room and as soon as Ginny entered, her dad looked up and smiled at her.

“Lunch is ready!” Molly yelled and suddenly, everyone was there.

Bill and Fleur, who was holding the four-month-old Victoire, smiled at her as they took their seats. Charlie winked as he followed suit and Percy looked over and smiled. George was already seated; the seat beside him was empty but Ron came around the table and… Ginny’s eyes narrowed dangerously when she saw Hermione Granger, her ex-best friend sit quietly next to Ron; she didn’t look up at Ginny

Figures the two-timing, lying witch hadn’t told Ron yet; Ginny thought angrily.

Everyone muttered a quick hi as she sat down between George and her dad, in a spot where she couldn’t see her treacherous ex-best friend. Ginny didn’t say a word to her and neither did Hermione.

Ginny’s blood boiled just having her in the same room, though. She was still bitter towards the other girl for all the wrongs she had committed towards her. Ginny sat there, pouring some gravy on her mashed potatoes, imagining half a dozen ways she could jinx Hermione into another dimension before someone would stop her. They would immediately; she knew it and all of them would be shocked. None of them had a clue what Hermione had done and it was times like this, Ginny questioned her decision on keeping her family in the dark about the reasons behind her and the Boy-Who-Lied’s break up.

Halfway through the meal, Hermione excused herself to have dinner with her parents. She said a quick goodbye to Ron and everyone else, left and apparated when she got out of the wards.

Everyone continued to eat and honestly, Ginny could breathe better now that she was gone.

They all chatted while they ate; Arthur pulled Bill and Charlie into a conversation about some new product he discovered at his work while Molly talked to Fleur about Victoire’s clothing. Ron was eating quietly and George watched Ginny as she stared angrily at her food.