Chapter 11

Chapter 11

When we arrived, I spotted Angel immediately. We walked towards her and I could feel the anxiety radiating off Jeremy. I turned to reassure him.

"Relax, it's going to be fine."

He didn't seem to believe me. When we got to her table, she got up and practically strangled me in a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," she whispered to me.

I was happy. I looked at Jeremy. He seemed...transfixed.

"Jer, this is Angel. She is a very good friend of mine. Angel, this is Jeremy, a new friend of mine," I said introducing them.

They both said hi. Then Angel took the lead and started asking him about himself. After a while, he seemed to relax, so I decided they didn't need me here. I got up and got ready to leave. They didn't seem to mind if they even noticed.

I went out and breathed in the cool fall air. I was not ready for winter. I sighed.

"Why do you look so sad?"

I jumped at the voice. I didn't hear him walk up behind me.

"I'm not sad. I'm pretty happy after doing a good deed," I said thinking of the two lovebirds inside.

"So you kept your promise with her," Nathan said.

"Yep. Didn't think it would work out so well. They are opposites. I guess that saying is true. Opposites do attract," I said looking at them laughing.

He smiled, but it looked kind of sad. I wonder if he was still getting over his heartbreak. Speaking of which...

"So I heard you had a crush on someone..." I said bluntly.

He raised a brow at that.

"Oh?" was all he answered.

"Yeah, am I the only one not to know? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked a bit irritated. "I thought we were friends."

He had a strange look on his face for a second before a mask of indifference slid in.

"I didn't tell anyone."

"But Angel knew," I argued.

"I didn't tell her," he said still with a flat voice.

"Hmp!" I pouted. "Tell me please! Who is it? Do I know her?"

"No, you don't know her," he seemed to want this conversation to end.

"Ok. I get it. You don't want to tell me but I have one thing to say. If she doesn't want you, it's her loss. I know for a fact you are a great guy," I said before heading down the street.

There was a park around here. Maybe I'll go for a swing.

I reached the park and thankfully found it empty. I went on a swing and pulled my hair loose from the ponytail it was constantly in. I started to swing higher and higher. I felt like I was flying and all my thoughts were flying away too. The freedom I felt was what I was looking for.

Then I got to wondering what was Nathan doing there? Maybe he was just passing by and saw me. I don't remember seeing him in the café. Was he there to see someone? Was he there to see...Angel?

Come to think of it, she was the only one who knew about it and if he went to meet her and saw her with Jeremy...aw. Poor Nathan. I could sort of understand how that felt like. But then again I never really saw them together.

I heard the swing next to me start to move and thought: speak of the devil...

Nathan was there with his ever present sketchbook. Speaking of which, I wonder if he tried out his idea.