Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Back inside, everyone was in an uproar. It was a surprising defeat especially because Noah was one of the best fighters. Even though, I have to admit, my defeat was a bit cheating. That would not happen in a real fight and I can't be sure all my opponents are ticklish, but the real upside was I found one of his weaknesses.

"This is a surprise, we will have to act accordingly," Seth said.

"What do you mean act accordingly?" Melissa asked icily.

"She will need an upgrade," he said looking at me.

Melissa turned red, not from embarrassment but from anger. Her eyes were shooting daggers at me.

"You mean this is going to be ranked higher than me on her first day?" She asked jabbing a finger at me.

I took no offense because it was kind of unfair.

"For now, she will be in Noah's team," Seth said with a note of finality.

"Finally a girl in the team," a voice said from behind me.

I turned to find Jack. He was back from whatever mission he had.

"You're back!" I said a little too happily for my taste.

"Miss me?" He asked jokingly with a cocky grin.

"You wish," I replied rolling my eyes.

"And I did," he said before walking toward the other guys.

They started whispering about something in a corner. Noah threw glances my way sometimes so I thought they might be talking about me, but maybe it's my imagination. I was feeling tired because of the long day I just had. I should be heading home. I turned to go after Jack to tell him I was leaving when a hand stopped me. Seth was there. He looked a bit tense.

"What's wrong boss?" I asked worried.

He cringed slightly. Huh.

"I just had one last thing to add about your job. You will become coworkers with Noah."

"Aren't I already?"

"No, I mean you will be working as partners with him. He will personally train you because you already have some experience or so it seemed earlier."

My eyes widened at this news. Whoa! I just got here and I'm already a getting special training with the boss. I wasn't that good. It was mostly luck and a lot of action movies...

"Why am I the only one getting special training?"

"Because you beat both Jeremy and Noah."

"Well Noah was kind of luck more than my actual skills."

"I don't believe in luck. And another thing, please do not call me boss. It makes me sound like I work for the mafia," he said.

I couldn't help but smile at that. He walked away to another room that, from the window, looked like an office.

I resumed walking towards Jack. He was finished with his secret discussion.

"Hey Jack, I'm feeling kind of tired. Could you drive me home? Please?"

"Sure," he said.

He followed me out but before we reached the door someone appeared in front of me blocking the door. It was Alice. No surprise there. I was wondering when those sharks were gonna appear.

"Jack, you're leaving so soon?" She said trying to sound heart broken, but the death glare she threw me didn't go unnoticed by Jack. He just raised one eyebrow questioningly at me. I rolled my eyes, meaning I thought she's crazy.