Chapter 9

Chapter 9

My alarm went off and I shut it off. I never went back to sleep so I decided to start getting ready. My hair was a mess all tangled up and all over the place. I combed it properly. I didn't forget I had a job to do today. I got dressed and then I left. At the bus stop, a familiar scene happened all over again. Jack's car stopped in front of me and he came out with his trademark bad boy grin. I returned it. It was a friendly smile.

"Need a ride?" he asked.

"Sure," I answered happily.

"Today, I will be your prince charming," he said as I went in.

"I didn't know it started this early."

"We need some practice before the big act," he said with a wink.

It was gonna be a hell of a show.

When we reached school, he came over to open my door. He took me by the hand and walked me to my locker. Then he dropped his hand so I could open it.

"Was she there? Did she see us?" I asked.

"Yeah she saw us. I don't think she believed it though."

"We just need to make her believe. Look at the couples around and do what they do. When she's around," I added quickly.

"Hmm..."

He looked at me with one brow cocked.

"Don't worry it'll work."

"That's not what I'm worried about."

"Then what?"

"Well your idea of doing what other couples are doing might be too much for you," he said looking around.

"What are they doing?" I asked not really looking.

Then I understood. The couples were cuddling and making out and doing other stuff that shouldn't be done in public. I blushed.

"We don't have to do exactly what they do, but we need to be seen together holding hands, hugging even kissing," he finished looking serious. I saw the grin tugging the corner of his mouth.

He was really into this. He was having fun with it. He was used to doing this with girls all the time.

"I'm fine with that," I said bravely. Ok I was faking a little.

That took him by surprise. He stared at me with a cocked eyebrow. I didn't think it would be so shocking.

"Really you would do that for me?"

He seemed to doubt that.

I raised a brow at him. I'm doing this for him. I almost forgot that part.

"This is my thank you for helping me out since the beginning."

He smiled a heartbreakingly beautiful smile that had more to it than I could guess. I couldn't help but smile back. He was too adorable.

Just friends. I had to keep reminding myself.

"Let's go babe," he said with a smirk.

"Call me babe one more time and I swear to God I will slap you."

He took my hand and pulled me into a hug effectively restraining me as he whispered in my ear.

"Ok babe."

He then took my hand and started to walk towards class at the same time retaining me from slapping him. We were laughing by the time we got there.

"Hello Jack."