Chapter 19

Elinor's dress

Elinor's hair

Elinor stood, watching herself in the mirror, today was her wedding day, hers and Helaena's

She found herself smiling at her reflection, she looked like a princess and in a few minutes she will be one, just as Helaena, who stood next to her while the seamstress made adjustments to the dress.

The door opened and all eyes fell off Larys, Elinor's smile faltered as she looked at her father, "Leave us" Larys voice was thick and Elinor found herself fidgeting with her rings as everyone left the room.

"Father" Elinor said looking down yet remained standing Infront if the mirror, "You looks just like your mother in that dress."

Elinor resisted the urge to smile, that was the first compliment her father had ever given her, "You're wearing your mothers necklace."

Now elinor smiled, "I thought maybe wearing something from her would make me feel closer to her" Larys smiled, "Come here."

Tears swelled in Elinor's eyes and she made her way to her father's arms, she hugged him tightly and Larys rubbed her back, "Now now" he said while rolling his eyes.

Elinor broke the hug and looked up to her father, tear stained cheeks and a red nose. Larys smiled and wrapped his hand around her neck, she gasped for breath.

Elinor clawed at Larys hand, but his grip tighten, "Listen to me girl. You no more than the prince's whore. He will tire of you and when that happens you will be nothing more than a fucked up cunt. Do you understand?"

Tears fell from Elinor's eyes as Larys spoke, his words hurt more than ever, even after what she had seen the night prior.

Larys smiled and pushed her into the ground leaving the room, Elinor brought her knees to her chest as she sobbed into her dress.

It could've been hours, it could've been minutes until Alicent came. After lying to Alicent and Alicent  cheering Elinor up, they helped her up and continued to get her ready.