Chapter 15

Elinor's eyes swelled with tears as did her grandparents, Lady Reina brought her into a hug. Elinor was still stunned and didn't even hug her back.

"My dear, we've met once, but you were a babe. You've grown so much to look like you daughter" Reina said as tears fell from Elinor's eyes.

"I miss her so much" Elinor told her grandmother, "We all do, as does your uncle."

"I have an uncle?" Elinor said tears still falling but a smile slowly crept to her face, "Yes. Dear, wouldn't you like to call Edmund" Reina asked Grover who left for the crowd.

Moments later, Lord Grover came back with his eldest son, Lord Edmund, "Sister? Are you two playing a jest on me" Edmund said looking to his parents.

"Edmund, this is your niece, Lady Elinor Strong, she's betrothed...to the prince."

Aemond stood, leaning against the drink table, a goblet of wine in his hand, he didn't understand why those Tully's were talking to his betrothed.

He had a scowl on his face that he hadn't even bothered to hide, "Ahh, brother!" Aegon said already drunk out of his mind, "Aegon."

Aegon's eyes followed Aemond's, "Oh Aemond don't be a twat, go talk to her, whisk her away" Aegon pushed him but just as Aemond was going to retrieve her a guard stopped him.

"My prince, the queen has requested you sit in at the table, Lady Elinor will meet you there" he said and walked off, Aemond nodded and Aegon followed his brother to the table.

Elinor arrived just moments before Aemond and Aegon had, bowing to the King, "Your grace" Viserys weakly smiled, "Elinor."

Elinor smiled and noticed Rhaenyra and the blacks all seated on one side of the table, Eli approached them, "Jace... Luke. I missed you."

Jace smiled as did Luke, the boys scanned her appearance and noticed her green dress, "Seems you haven't miss us enough. You're wearing green."

"Well I think green is beautiful Jace" Elinor said wiping anything off her dress, "I thought you would side with us" Luke said a scowl now on his face, "I'm not siding with anyone but myself and Helaena."

Jace nodded as did Luke, the boys looking towards the people, Elinor sighed and looked to Rhaenyra, who hadn't even given her a glace, "Princess."

Once the two boys arrived, Helaena and Eli had already taken their places, an empty chair next to each of them. Aemond gladly took his seat next to Elinor, Aegon rolled his eyes and lazily took his seat next to Helaena.

Weakly, Viserys stood up, his cane on his remaining hand, "Welcome, Lords and Ladies of the realm. Today we are here to celebrate the betrothal of Helaena who will marry her brother, Aegon and Lady Elinor, who will marry Prince Aemond."

Elinor smiled and looked to Aemond who remained looking to the crowd, her smile slowly faded and her attention turned to the crowd.

"A toast to my sons, and to my daughter Princess Rhaenyra, Princess of the realm!" Elinor took her cup and raised it into the air as everyone else did, she took a sip of it and placed the cup onto the table.

Sighing Aemond turned, "Who are those people?" Elinor didn't know who Aemond has spoken about, "Who?" Aemond rolled his eye, "Those Tullys."

Eli chuckled, "My family, Aemond. I have a family too" Aemond nodded and looked back towards the crowd, "Let us have the first dance!" Alicent yelled.

Elinor sighed, gathered her skirts and walked towards the open space, Aemond following behind and Helaena right next to her. Helaena gave Eli a encouraging smile and both girls turned to their betrothed.

"My betrothed" both girls said simultaneously and curtsied Infront of each Targaryen Prince. The sound of drums beating made their ways to everyones ears and the two girls circled around each boy, starting jff the dance.

"I must admit, I hate dancing" Eli whispered to Aemond who joined in, walking with his hands behind his back, he followed Elinor steps and the two circled each other.

"Well it's much like combat, planting your feet steady and-" Aemond turned and reached out his hand, Elinor doing the same, "-you have a rhythm."

"This is so dreadfully boring' Aegon whispered to Helaena who rolled her eyes, "I agree, being here with you is always dreadful."

The dance continued, Elinor and Aemond stood with their backs against each other's their hands aligned, soon they turned and switched partners.

"Aegon" a smile cane to Elinor's face, "Helaena hates me" Elinor shook her head, "Aemond despises me even after we kissed."

"Wait you two kissed" Aegon said just as he accidentally stepped on her foot while turning, "Ow. Well yes, I was scared and Aemond just kissed me."

"Well you're lucky" the best if the drums slowly died down as did the dance as they switched partners and bowed, finishing off the dance.

Everyone erupted into applause, Elinor smiled to Aemond who grabbed her wrist and dragged her away towards the corner of the room.

"Aemond you're hurting me" Elinor whispered trying not to gain any attention as people made their way to the dance floor, "Why were you talking to Aegon?"

The pair stopped and Eli ripped her hand from Aemond's grip, "Who I talk to does not concern you. Why are you acting this way, you were find just moments ago."

Aemknd huffed, "I just hate such things and I hate when Aegon's talks to my betrothed."

"Well I don't get angry when you talk to Helaena or even Aegon, because I don't care and neither should you" Eli straightened herself and walked away, leaving Aemond wandering why he went all possessive on her.

AN// ahh Aemond in his possessive mode