Prologue

When Larys Strong, second son to Lyonel Strong, was twenty he ventured out, in hopes of finding a wife.

Searching far and wide, Larys's  proposals were all rejected, who wanted to marry a man with clubfoot?

However, the Lord of Riverrun, Lord Grover Tully, was in need of a husband for his sixteen year old daughter.

So after agreeing on a marriage patch, Larys married poor little Lenora in less than a month and brought her back to Kingslanding.

Just in time for the King's hunt, to honor his first born son's second name day.

Lenora had never been to the capital and she never thought of herself going there but here she was talking to the queen.

As the months went on, Lenora was abused by her husband, constantly raped and slapped around, and yet people asked why all her pregnancies ended.

So, when Lenora pregnant for the fourth time, she vowed that she will protect his child from any harm her husband through her way.

And she did, every punch or slap Larys gave her, she always protected her growing belly, until she couldn't.

Lenora was only eight months pregnant when her labors started.

Sweat covered her body and pain ran through her body. Larys stood leaning on his cane, watching his wife give birth to their child.

Blood covered her bed, night gown and legs, "Ok now is the time my lady. I will count to three and then you need to push."

Lenora breathed heavily and closed her eyes, preparing for the pain of pushing. "One...Two...Three" the Maester said and Lenora began to push.

After five seconds, she stopped and breathed heavily, "Good, my lady, now another push" the maester said and Lenora pushed once again.

"The head!"

Lenora nodded her head and a midwife took a cold cloth and tapped the sweat from her forehead.

"You're doing great, now we all need you to give us a big push" the midwife said wiping some sweat away. Lenora nodded.

Lenora pushed and pushed until she felt her pain immediately stopped. The babies cry filled the entire room and Larys took a few steps forward.

"A girl, my lady" the midwife said and Lenora gave her a weak smile. Larys limped over to the Maester and took the baby into his arms.

"A girl, a rose. She was your hair and eyes, Lenora" Larys said looking down to his daughter.

He hated her.

Lenora felt weak, too weak, blood kept running between her legs, yet no one noticed, "I want to hold my baby. Give me my baby!"

Lenora held out shakey hands for her daughter, yet Larys looked at her with questionable eyes, she was pale and cold.

A tear slid down her cheek, "I just want to hold my baby" she whispered, feeling more weak as she seconds went by.

Lenora's vision blurred and she felt extremely cold, her breathing became slow and shallow.

"My lady?" The midwife said, when Lenora looked up, the midwife was a woman so pale and weak.

Using the last of her energy she brought her mouth to the midwife's ear, "Elinor, my baby's name will be Elinor."

Lenora's body went limp. She was dead yet her daughter was alive, "What did she say?" Larys asked still holding the baby.

She didn't care for Lenora, he hated her, "The babe's name, my Lord. She said her name will be Elinor."