Chapter 17

Italics: thoughts

The next morning, Elinor was extremely tired, she felt like she hadn't slept in days. After bathing and dressing in a plain blue dress she headed for breakfast.

At the breakfast table, everyone was clearly still tired and exhausted from the previous ball. Viserys chair sat empty and somehow Larys had joined in their breakfast.

Alicent sat with paper work, Helaena was playing with a toy and Otto was advising Alicent while Elinor ate a slice of bread cover with strawberry jam as she kept glancing at Larys for any movement he might do.

Why is he even here? She thought to herself, Aemond walked into the room his hair was a total mess, his shirt was completely unbuttoned and he looked extremely tired with those bags under his eyes.

Aegon walked in after him, a smug look all over his face, like he accomplished something, Elinor rolled her eyes and Aemond sat next to her.

"Their will be a tourney just before the wedding and finally a beautiful wedding under the stars. Both my girls getting married on the same day."

Elinor smiled at what Alicent had told her and Helaena, "Good morrow" Aemond's voice was hoarse and Elinor felt a shiver run down her spine, she kept side glancing at him as he reached for an apple.

Her eyes drifted to his open shirt, how his muscles moved so effortlessly, she felt like she could look at them all day, "Elinor?" Alicent called out, giving Elinor a fright that her bread fell to the ground, completely uneatable.

She reached down, grabbed the slice and placed it into her plate, she dusted her hands off and looked up to Alicent, "Yes" she offered Alicent a smile, "Larys has something important to say."

Elinor took a deep breath and looked to him, he had a mischievous smirk on his face and Elinor narrowed her eyes, "Well, what is it father?"

Everyone's eyes fell on Larys as he stood up and leaned on his cane, "It has come to my attention that some of the royal family are sneaking passed the Red Keep."

Aemond stiffened and drew in a deep breath, How had he-no how does anyone know? Aemond thought to himself as he gave Aegon a worrying look.

"Well we all know Aegon sneaks out" Otto told Larys and gave Aegon a stern look, "My Lord Hand, it is the Prince Aegon this time. Prince Aemond had been spotted on the Streets of Silk, indulging in intimate activities."

The entire table burst into laughter, except Elinor and Aemond, who stared at each other, "Lord Larys. It is in all mens nature that they indulge themselves in such things, now sit down and eat your breakfast" Alicent said while still chuckling.

"Is it true?" Eli whispered to Aemond as she reached for a new slice of bread, "I regret it, it was horrid" Aemond said and Eli rolled her eyes, "Was it?"

Her chair screeched as she abruptly stood up and left the room, Aegon jogging after her, "Elinor" Aegon called after her but Eli kept walking, ignoring his calls.

She bit the last slice of her bread and continued to walk down the corridors, her hands swung on her side, Aegon took that opportunity and grabbed her arm turning her around to face him.

"Aegon!" Eli yelled but Aegon holds up his hand to silence her as he catches his breath, "Man you can walk fast" Eli rolled her eyes and tried to rip her wrist from his grip, Aegon tightening his hold.

"Aegon let go fo my hand" Aegon huffed, "Why are you so angry?"

"I'm not angry...just disappointed."

"Disappointed, why?"

"Well for one I thought Aemond wouldn't turn out...like you" Aegon rolled his eyes, "What's wrong with me?"

"You're a whore Aegon, Aemond is not" Aegon chuckled, "I'm not a whore" Eli looked at him and raised an eyebrow, "Fine, I'm sort of a whore but Aemond needed experience. Would you want him to stick his cock up the wrong hole?"

Eli rolled her eyes, "No" Aegon let go of her wrist, her free hand instantly went to cover the red mark Aegon's hand had caused.

Elinor looked at Aegon them behind him towards the door, "If anyone needs me,I'll be at the Sept."

••••

Aemond truly felt horrible for what he did, he didn't want to sleep with that whore but he didn't want to disappoint Elinor either.

After asking Aegon where Elinor had run off to, he headed to the Grand Sept.

He hated being here, the last time he was here was with Elinor and that was a few months ago.

Aemond sighed and walked into the Sept, his eyes landed on the figure knelt before the gods, red hair was lit up by candle. "Elinor?" Aemond called out, Elinor opened her eyes and turned to face Aemond.

"What is it?"

"Are you telling your mother how disappointed you are in me?"

"No."

Aemond walked up to Elinor and knelt down next to her, "Well what are you praying for?" Elinor turned to Balerion, "That you will not return to that whore, or any whore for that matter."

"I regret it. Believe me, I'll never go back" Aemond took hold of her hand and kissed it, "I believe you" she whispered and rested her head on his shoulder.