CHAPTER 50: Lupine Disaster - The Floor Guardian

Daisuke gently lowered Elena to the ground, her body fragile and limp in his arms. Even in unconsciousness, her eyebrows were furrowed in a pained expression—a testament to the excruciating agony wrought by the second-degree burns that marred her body.

"Stay here and look after her," Daisuke instructed Milo before turning his gaze to the others. "We won't be safe here for very long unless we clean up this floor."

"What's the game plan?" Lyanna asked with urgency, her eyes scanning their surroundings for any signs of danger.

Daisuke's gaze swept over the group, his mind racing to formulate a strategy. "There shouldn't be that many Inferno Wolves left," he said, his tone calculated. "While you four deal with the rest of them, Zephyr and I will hold off the Floor Guardian until we can all regroup."

Rexar frowned, his apprehension evident. "Shouldn't it be the other way around? You dealing with the pack while we hunt the Floor Guardian?"

"He's got a point," the tank chimed in, nodding in agreement. "Wouldn't it make more sense to focus our numbers on the bigger threat?"

Daisuke shook his head, his eyes unwavering. "No, we need numbers to clear out the wolves as quickly as possible," he explained patiently. "Two people won't be able to eliminate the pack before they disperse, and if they attack while you're all facing off against the guardian, or worse, if you're surrounded, we'll all be wiped out. If fewer people confront the boss, it's less likely to rampage while giving chase. That will give you four enough time and space to clean up the wolf pack. Don't argue, just go; we don't have the luxury of debating this any longer."

A muscle twitched in Rexar's jaw as he glanced down at Elena, his worry for her evident. Lyanna bit her lip anxiously but rose to her feet, her bow at the ready.

"Alright," she said resolutely, her determination shining through. "Let's do it. Just don't die before she can officially thank you for earlier."

Daisuke nodded.

To Milo's dismay, the chamber emptied as everyone made their way out just in time to witness the impending threat. A formidable wolf pack, numbering at least twenty, approached with a vicious snarl.

As they lunged forward, the tank stood firm, meeting them head-on. His raised shield crashed into the nearest pair, slamming them forcefully against the unyielding cavern wall like hammer to a nail.

Lyanna's arrows flew with deadly accuracy, finding their mark in the eye sockets of the detestable beasts. Rexar grabbed a lunging wolf by its thick fur, slamming it into the hard ground with brutal efficiency. The samurai warrior, swift as lightning, drew his sword and sliced through the monsters with a masterful precision reminiscent of slicing sashimi.

The tension was palpable as Daisuke faced off against the imposing Floor Guardian, but not before swiftly looting the spoils strewn about from the fallen players. His hands moved with the dexterity of a seasoned thief.

The beast's eyes followed every movement ravenously. Zephyr could sense the impending clash, and the air seemed to hum with anticipation. His snarl echoed through the chamber, oceanic eyes brewing a fierce storm. Then, like a tempest unleashed, he recklessly charged forth.

The guardian, a colossal wolf-like creature, matched Zephyr's challenge with a thunderous growl. With swiftness that betrayed its massive size, its enormous front paw rose and then descended with the force of a catapult, connecting with Zephyr's tiny form.

The pup was propelled like a cannonball, hurtling helplessly towards the cavern wall. Daisuke quickly threw himself into his path, becoming a living shield.