CHAPTER 47: Elite Mob - The Lipanthyer

The moon appeared especially enchanting when it was partially concealed by drifting clouds. Despite the late hour, Wonderelle was still a hub of activity. Lights dotted the town, gracefully flowing out from the many avenues of the central plaza like a mesmerizing motif.

In stark contrast, the newly constructed guild dormitory was cloaked in darkness, a haven of tranquility amid the bustling city. The first floor housed the cafeteria and classrooms, with the second floor divided into a wing for females on the left and males on the right.

On the third floor, a glass greenhouse stood bathed in the radiant light of the lunar goddess. Daisuke leaned against a nearby balcony, his gaze fixed not on the breathtaking view of the guild's courtyard below or the city's skyline in the distance, but on his Status Window.

"Sneak-sneak-sneak," a playful and hushed whisper broke through the stillness of the night.

"Can't sleep?" Daisuke inquired without shifting his gaze.

"Eek!" A startled gasp escaped the girl's lips.

Elena had been cautiously tiptoeing into the greenhouse when she suddenly froze solid in her tracks. Her head slowly and nervously pivoted to the side, her eyes locking onto a familiar figure.

"H-Haxks," she stammered, her cheeks instantly dyed scarlet just from uttering his name. "Wh-What are you doing up so late?" Her heart fluttered wildly. Wait! D-Did he just speak to me? That's a first!

Daisuke finally turned to face her, and Elena shrank back slightly under the weight of his butterscotch gaze. His disposition was cool and nonchalant. There was something about it that sent shivers down her spine.

"I should be asking you the same thing," Daisuke's voice was tantalizingly composed, which made Elena think that it was well worth the wait.

She averted her eyes, hoping to cool her erratic pulse. "The greenhouse is relatively new, so I've been tending to the flowers in my free time; it helps me to relax."

Stirred awake by the conversation, Zephyr leaped from Daisuke's shirt and into Elena's arms. She gently massaged his cheek with her tiny hand, her eyes shining with affection.

"Would you like to see?" she offered, turning with the bundle of fluff in her arms, like a child with a newfound toy.

The greenhouse was a rectangular structure, roughly 8 feet wide and 20 feet high. Only a portion of the space was occupied with flowers, and one in particular caught Daisuke's eye. It was a flower with various shades of blue, but what truly captivated him was the silver-blue glow of its narrow leaves and the frosty shimmer that radiated from its petals, as if touched by magic.

"That's called a Lunarfrost Lily," Elena explained. "It's one of the main ingredients used in the making of mana potions. Its leaves are always glowing, but the flower reacts like that only when exposed to moonlight. Isn't it amazing?"

A faint smile played on Daisuke's lips.

At the same time, Elena's own smile faded, her expression becoming glum. "Lunarfrost Lily... it reminds me of home. Growing them here makes me feel closer to my friends and family."

Zephyr licked her cheek sympathetically.

"...Why don't you fight back?" Daisuke's voice was devoid of emotion.

Elena contemplated his question, haunted by memories of Osten. "I... I don't want to sow seeds of discord and endanger my family," she confessed in a hushed tone, as if even speaking about it could invite danger. "It's important that I stay focused on my main goal so my people and I can find peace and happiness."