CHAPTER 36: The Breath of Wind

[Name: Zephyr

Level: 2 | EXP: 620/626 (99.04%)

Race: Divine Beast

Species: Wolf

HP: 502/502 | MP: 261/261 | Attack: 38 | Defense: 41 | Satiety: 76/100 | Loyalty: 35/100

Strength: 7 (+30) | Constitution: 10 (+30) | Agility: 15 (+30) | Intelligence: 20 (+30) | Dexterity: 12 (+30) | Courage: 20 (+30)

Active Skills:

▪︎ Antagonize

▪︎ Gallop

▪︎ Extreme Speed

Passive Skills:

▪︎ Hidden]

Upon examining the screen closely, Daisuke realized that Zephyr had an automatic revival feature upon death. However, there was a catch: the time it took for the canine to revive increased by twenty-four hours for every ten levels he gained. Currently at level two, Zephyr revived after twenty-four hours, but at level twenty, it would take forty-eight hours. Level thirty would require seventy-two hours, and so on.

The other option for reviving Zephyr was to feed him Divine Extract. However, one question remained unanswered.

Did the System assign him as my companion in the event that I become a player?

Daisuke's eyes softened as he set aside his pondering and redirected his attention to the summon button at the bottom of the screen. With a gentle click, a swirling tower of golden light materialized, casting a radiant glow that outshone the warm sunlight filtering through the leaves.

From within the luminous vortex emerged Zephyr, his grin unrestrained and his tail wagging with elation. With a cheerful leap, he pounced toward Daisuke, who tumbled backward against the tree, his heart overflowing with happiness.

Zephyr's eyes sparkled with delight as he showered Daisuke with joyful licks, conveying his boundless excitement. And at his endearing whine, Daisuke hung his head, his eyes concealed by fringes of silver hair.

"Jeez—you could've mentioned you were some kind of majestic wolf," Daisuke murmured, a hint of petulance in his voice as a rueful smile tugged at his lips. "I spent all this time thinking you were just some stray mutt."

"Rawrwu~"

"...I'm sorry," he gritted his teeth, his body tense. "Because of my weakness, I ended up letting you get hurt. I... I should've found some way to save—"

"Kiyuu," Zephyr chimed, as if in protest.

Daisuke's expression hardened, devoid of any trace of emotion. "...I would understand," he began, his voice chillingly cold, "if you didn't want to stick around me anymore. You'd actually be better off on your own."

Zephyr licked his cheek, giving his answer.

Daisuke trembled slightly. "...Just so you know, I plan to get revenge against those guys... so there's a chance you might get hurt again."

"Arf!"

Daisuke's wet eyes could finally be seen, and he tousled the canine's head in playful affection. "It's a pleasure to have you on the team, O' Mighty Divine Beast."

DING!

[The title «Master of Divine Beast» has been acquired.]

[Master of Divine Beast]

[Rank: Legendary

Earning the affection and unwavering loyalty of a Divine Beast transcends the abilities of even the most skilled beast tamers. In reverence to the bond woven through trials and tribulations, Zephyr pledges to safeguard his master with every essence of his being, a vow sealed in blood and tears for eternity.