Chapter 44 - Different Paths to Revenge

[Word count - 1,618]

Same day...

Location - Riverside

Sakiko's POV

"You know about my identity..." I said to Charlotte. "How is that possible?"

Charlotte lets out a slight evil chuckle.

"My, how quickly we forget." She said. "I thought you would remember me since I was the one who reached out to you, saying that you should defeat (L/N)-san in a musical battle."

That's when it hit me. The email I got at work. It was from an anonymous user, so I didn't wonder much about it.

"Now it makes sense... It was you who emailed me." I said.

Charlotte chuckled once again.

"Nice to know that you're finally catching on." She said.

"So, what do you want me for?" I asked.

"You see, you have this instrument, and I thought about trying it out."

Charlotte brought out a case and she pulled out a guitar.

I didn't think much of it at first, but when I noticed the dark energy flowing from it, it was starting to connect

"Is that The Instrument of Destruction?"

"Yeah, and the first person I thought about using it on is you." She smirked.

"Why me?" I asked. "I did what you asked by defeating (Y/N) in the live performance battle!"

"Yeah, until you went rogue on me and had a rematch, which wasn't part of the plan." She said.

"Is that why you haven't done anything about my current situation?"

"That's right."

That does make a lot of sense. But then again, it was my fault for believing that there was someone out there who could give me a better life, one away from my father...