Chapter 36 - Intriguing Discovery

[Word count - 1,144]

A few months later...

Location - Happy Happy Island

Your POV

Summer is finally here, and as you can imagine, it is very hot. If it weren't for Hagumi's offer to come to Happy Happy Island with her and her band members, I would probably be back at home to deal with the heat. In fact, I should be luckier that my mom is letting me go in the first place. Probably because we're only here for the weekend, and that was it.

So now, I am here on Happy Happy Island that is own by Kokoro's family. While the girls are changing into their swimsuits, I, already wearing mine, decided to go check out the ocean for a bit. I took in a deep breath and let out a sigh. Given how much everything has happened recently, this is exactly what I needed.

"(Y/N)-kun! Over here!"

I looked over as Misaki and Kanon make their way towards me. However, I can tell that Misaki is quite upset about something. Probably a good time to ask her what was up.

"Are you okay, Misaki?" I asked

"Sorry, but I have a feeling that this isn't going to be a normal vacation." She said.

"What makes you say that?" Kanon asked.

"Well, think about who's with us for a moment..." She said.

Kanon and I started thinking for a bit.

"Well, my bestie is here." Kanon said. "Then there's Kokoro-chan, Kaoru-san and Hagumi-chan.."

"Exactly." Misaki sighs. "Knowing Kokoro, she'll find a way to do the most during this trip."

That is true... There have been a lot of moments where Misaki has a hard time dealing with Kokoro, Kaoru and Hagumi, and it does look like her head is about to explode. Kanon does help her, but I know there is only so much she could do.

"Don't worry, Misaki." I said. "I'll do my best to keep Kokoro and the others grounded."

Misaki looked speechless from that.