Chapter 9 - Our Real Selves

[Word count - 1,421]

A few days later...

Location - The Train

Your POV

It's my first day off from school in a while, and not only that, I get a day off from work as well. To celebrate, I decided to give myself a little adventure because why not? My homework is done for the next class, and I deserve to treat myself every now and then.

At first, I didn't know what to do or where to go. But thankfully, a certain parent gave me an idea on what to do.

My mom told me about a cafe that is opened in Inoshima, and I have been curious about it myself. And so, I decided to get to the train station as soon as possible. After waiting for a while, the train pulled up at the station, and I got onboard, while looking for a place to sit, I spotted two familiar people close by. 

It was Layer and Chu2

It was Layer and Chu2. I walked over to them to say hi. 

"Hey girls, fancy seeing the two of you here." 

"Oh, (Y/N)-san, good to see you." Layer said with a smile. 

"Yeah, hi." That was all Chu2 said.

"Is it okay if I sit with you?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Chu2 said and rolled her eyes. Wow, what a rude little dwarf we have on our hands.

"Sorry about her. Feel free to sit next to me." Layer said and moved her stuff over.

"Thanks. Don't mind if I do."

I sat down next to Layer, and we looked at each other with grins on our faces. Meanwhile, I can tell Chu2 is not feeling the vibe at all as she speaks up.

"So, what brings you on the train this morning?" She asked.

"Oh, well, I thought I'd go on a little adventure since I don't have school or work today." I answered.

"Oh, and where are you going exactly?" Layer asked.

"I figured I would go to the one that opened up in Inoshima." I said, then pulled a picture of it on my phone to show the two girls.