Chapter 22 - The Sting of Defeat

[Word count - 1,506]

Same day...

Location - Main Stage

Your POV

I lost to Ave Mujica in the live performance battle we just had. Even though there were people, aside from the Girls Band Party and Aoi, who actually liked my performance, it wasn't enough to secure the win. My destiny to be a musician has been shattered completely, and now, I have to own up to it.

"Well, you lost, (Y/N) (L/N)." Oblivionis said with a smug look on her face.

"Yeah, don't remind me..." I replied.

"It was stupid for thinking that you can take on an entire band by yourself." She said as she looks at me with a cold-hearted stare.

Before I can say anything else, Oblivionis, to everyone's surprise, takes my guitar out of my hand by force.

"Hey, what are you doing?!"

I try to get my guitar back, but both Timoris and Mortis grabbed my arms, preventing me from moving forward.

"I'm putting an end to you and your destiny once and for all."

Oblivionis took my guitar... and broke it in front of me and everyone else. I fell to my knees as I stare at the broken guitar on the floor. 

"Now... don't appear before me again..." 

The girls of Ave Mujica walked off the stage, leaving me broken and defeated. Aoi was right... this whole live performance battle was a stupid idea, and now... I am paying for it... with my shattered destiny.

"My... guitar..."

At that moment, I had to let out a shout.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
_____________________________________________

A few weeks later...

Location - Campus Street

It's been a few weeks since I've lost to Ave Mujica. I've been in a deep spiral depression for a while, so much so that my mom told me that it was okay for me to take some time off of work to focus on myself. It was nice of her to do, but that didn't stop one thing, me having to face my classmates in school.