Vegas's Dream a Reality So Close

(inner thoughts, dreams , flashback will be in Bold italics)

To the new reader please read first 3-4 chapters to not confused.

.....

Resentment in Vegas's eyes was flaming as fresh as a smoldering coal as he walked towards the king looking him straight in the eyes. Giving air to that flame further was the ugly smirk Kim Haan had on his face with a clear hint of a mockery .Rama could read his son's sclera behind those black pupils. There were silent accusations of how his own father had ruined his life and compelled him to do something he never wanted to as a consequence of which he was carrying this fragile figure who was very comfortably sleeping in his arms. Rama did feel guilty for imposing this marriage on both Vegas and Pete but he knew that for Pete this was the only option to live a dignified life after getting stamped. Moreover, after having seen Saksit going through that brutal accident in the past Rama was not ready to attract any other curse from his ancestors as a punishment for not following the holy rules set by them. His only hope was that one day Vegas and Pete will accept each other if not out of love then out of responsibility towards the state.

"What happened to him?" Rama asked.

Though Vegas was not willing to answer, here he was standing before his people and he could certainly not disrespect the king hence he answered.

"He caught a fever due to the weather. Just sleeping, not unconscious. We may have to postpone the meeting with the people."

"Yes, I understand. For now all of you can go and rest. The public greeting will be conducted tomorrow. Also there will be some other customs to perform. Hopefully by then Pete will be better. Take him inside" Rama ordered and all of them went ahead. The people were informed about the situation and were therefore sent directly to the feast corner.

.........

"In Attendance" Vegas roared as he kept walking under the flower canopy prepared as decoration in the corridor"

"No need. Stop." Kim gave the opposite orders. "What are you calling guards for?"

"To open the basement"

"Vegas, are you out of your mind? You can't leave Pete in the basement"

"Why? The ones who are not family and are more like an intruder are to be kept there only" Vegas said but right then he saw Kamala and he could feel a guilt sweeping in so he averted his eyes.

"Vegas , be in your limits?" This time it was Saksit who showed his clear disappointment in his brother.

"Fine, but I am not taking him to my room for sure"

"Vegas listen.." Saksit was about to say something but got interrupted by Kim.

"Okay , take him to the room next to mine"

"What? Will you be okay?"

"Yes, better than you of course and I can look after him and help him adjust. You don't have to be bothered by him anymore"

"Fine, I don't want any of this anyways."

"If you want I can carry him too." Kim pushed a bit further.

"Really?" Vegas looked at Pete for a second longer and could not decipher what he himself was actually thinking. "Okay , carry him." he could feel a lack of intent in his voice.

"Vegas" Saksit growled, which was usually unexpected from him.

"Phi, now what could be your problem with this. Why can't Kim carry him? We are all men after all."