Pete - Beauty in Blood

Vegas and Pete were going through amalgamation of  emotions running through their bodies at this moment. Just like this night which is purely and silently dark at the surface. It is expressing it's attribute clearly to any naked eye but there are only rare who can hear the intervening howling of wolves from the far end adding rage to it , defying it's calmness but also there is an uncommonly sound of nocturnal birds adding a little sweetness to its dominant darkness. That's a hint of equanimity Vegas and Pete are oozing out now. They are trying to pretend that they are not disturbed  but their eyes are watery with anger . Yet their hold on each other's bodies is more like them balancing and preventing the other from falling. The dark night , the howling wolves and the sweet nocturnal birds can all be seen reflected in their still eyes and their protective hold on each other right now.
But as there are always some mischievous creatures who throw a stone to disperse the still river, here were these  flock of bats who flew from one space who another breaking Pete's stupor first when he notices that ultimately Vegas's hands were just about to unmask him and that's when he pushed him hard enough to stumble back and  half fall to the ground. Pete fails to understand Theerapanakul's fascination with wanting him to take out his mask. Wheather it's the sons or the almighty king himself.

"Keep your hands away"
"You dare to push the son of King Rama?"

Pete chuckles and that was an insult served well so much so that Vegas moves forward in order to strangle Pete but Pete places the sharp edge of his dagger in between Vegas's chest just at the right time.

"I am not sure if you know Mr. Prince but I even dared to challenge your father this morning in the forest. And all he got to tell me in return was how impressed he was with me. So if the king himself knows the hidden gem then you must be wise enough to not doubt his intelligence and hence i suggest. Step back.".  Pete warns and it is not devoid of any seriousness. Vegas did step back but only to take two steps further.

It just happened in few seconds before Pete could even realise. The dagger is now  in Vegas's hand and Pete's throat is  in his clutches while his back remains firmly attached to Vegas's chest. The sharp edge of Pete's dagger is now piercing his own skin. Vegas is digging it deep in  Pete's shoulders. He is even marking a line towards his neck drawing out blood for that entire path. But as soon as he reaches the wound Pete got from his stamping, his hands go still involuntarily.  Pete could actually see his conflict from the side eye and who is he to not take advantage of it. He elbows him in the stomach but then got a  kick immediately on the leg and fell. Vegas again goes  to strangle him but Pete rolls off the ground, gets up and gets hold of  Vegas's neck and tries pushing his face to the ground but he is surprised by almost unbreakable strength of his opponent. Vegas balances himself up from one hand and moves back his other , gets hold of Pete's hairs  and pulls him to the ground again , sits above him and punches him mindlessly. Pete has no way to escape as both his shoulders are pressed under Vegas's knees. His mask is now damp with blood and if it was not for an innocent voice falling in Vegas's ears, then Pete probably may have lost consciousness with the mercilessly beating.

"Leave my phi Pete" this is Arthit's voice. He is out here to take a look at his rabbit when he sees a man beating his phi. He comes running and starts pushing Vegas away and though he is failing, nothing is stopping him. Vegas's rage has suddenly dropped. He somehow is not reacting to Arthit's weak punches. Maybe he sees Macau in him. But alongwith that , he looks at Pete with wide eyes as if he has no idea about what happened to him when he is the one who has made him taste his own blood. He gets up immediately and is just pacing his head around not understanding what to do. All he is thinking right now is that no one should see that stamp on this man's neck. And all he is hoping is that this is not someone important so that he can easily finish him off. But he is already in doubt because he knows no ordinary man would take a walk inside the palace garden and now that he is recalling everything, a voice is playing in his head.