Altercation of The Masked Prince

"Blood is splashing everywhere.The ground is filled with a red river. People are flying their swords with its sharpness cutting their opponent's skin and the bodies are falling down Just like someone deconstructs the house of cards. Vegas who is busy in slicing the throat of his enemy is suddenly distracted by a giggle. The giggling sound is so familiar to him but it is not sounding sweet to his ears. It aches his head as well as his heart. He turns around to find the source of it when a delicate figure covered in a red mask stands infront of him. The giggles were now turned into sobbing. The person's tears were making his mask wet. The eyes peeking through it were sad and showed the hint of disappointment. Vegas remains frozen on his spot, he could not find the ground below him as it was all the blood flowing preventing him from moving. He was trying hard but all in vain but the muffled voice of the said person landed on his ears. "Why didn't you come? Will you never come to me?" Who will wash my muddy feet? You promised you will meet me ? Will you not fulfill your promise?" The person was going away from Vegas with each word and the blood river was increasing its level around Vegas ultimately drowning him"

Vegas wakes up panting and running out of breath. His nape length hair which were stuck on his forehead due to sweat were now flying lightly with the hit of the wind as he immediately heads towards the terrace attached to his room to get some air. He has been having this dream very often nowadays but he doesn't understand any of it. He doesn't recognise anyone . The only surrounding familiar to him is the bloodbath as that is the integral part of his life. He is breathing the fresh air when he senses a sudden movement and a rustling sound in the grasses. A figure in the shadow on the adjacent wall showed up. Vegas's room being on the first floor was not a very dangerous one to be jumped off. He takes his another sword kept right behind the flower pots in the terrace and jumped landing perfectly and with silent steps follows the shadow which eventually led him to the building where all the financial records of Alcazar are kept. Vegas carefully enters to the room he saw the man going but he could see no one.

"Are you following me?"

Vegas turns and places the sword on the man on hearing the voice

"Kim Haan?"
"Yes, not some thief. So you can put down that sword. My head is not meant to be severed by you"

"You cannot say that with surity" Vegas smirks.
"Really? Do you plan to cut my head off?"
"Depends on how you behave. By the way why are you here?"

"Do I need to answer ? If you were to come here would you feel obligated to answer someone. Or will you even be asked the reason for your presence here? Then why shall I be treated like an outsider?"

Vegas removes his sword comes forward and places a hand on Kim Haan's shoulder
"At ease Kim. I was asking normally. Nobody should question you with suspicion but at the same time none of us are free from it. We have to adorn responsibility more then power and privilege."

Kim Haan scoffs and walks away and Vegas follows.

"Kim"
"What?"
"I need your help with something."
"You want to talk?"
"Yes"
"Would you mind something to wet our throats. It's been a long time we sat together for a drink."

Both Vegas and Kim go to the room that was a special one containing all kind of royal alcohols in shimmery bottles. Kim pours for both of them.

"Say"
"Father wants me to get married and bring life to this palace"
Kim almost choked on his first sip

"See, even you know i should not do this "

"But on the other hand, father is not wrong. Afterall we can't always live alone. And we will need a hier too" kim states