A Divine Thread.....Of Seperation?

"...uh..uhh..wooopp"

"How do you feel? Is the water cold? Is it blocking your nose , your mouth, is it souring your throat already? Your body seems to be going in seizures. Are you feeling choked ? Are you feeling suffocated? Are you feeling inept seeing such a dishonoured death nearing you Vegas Theerapanakul?

Pete says as he pushes Vegas's face in the the water filled big container nearby. Completely submerged in it Vegas was unable to respond, his body almost was in fits. As he started to show signs of loosing breath that's when Pete pulls him out and throws him aside. Pete was heaving, still stumbling. But was concious enough to recall the last night

"I am sorry prince Pete but I have to."

"What..what are ..you..you doing"
"Your face needs medicine, this mask needs to be removed." Were the words Vegas said before removing the cloth and seeing Pete for the first time. He was swollen, gums bleeding still Vegas felt he looked majestic but soon his demons resurfaced just not very dominantly. So Pete didn't face any other attack. Vegas cleaned his wounds and applied the herb paste. Since they cannot enter the temple in blood hence he made Pete lie down under a tree and himself went to sit under another. Pete for whom Vegas was feeling bad had once again became a hassel for him to handle , ruining his mental peace further.

"Why am I even bothered. Who is even going to ask for a person like him. In his own country, on his own land he is no less than an outlandish entity. Bloody pillock." Vegas scoffs , "that suits him better than being called prince, Pete the Pillock"

Night passed unattended by them as they both slept like dead. But with the very first morning chirping of birds ,Pete woke up only to reliase that he was so weak that he could not even know when Vegas has broken his resolution of years. He was angry and impatient. All he wished was to kill Vegas and that's when he moves towards him ultimately suffocating him under water. All the frustration pent up in him for years was being unloaded on Vegas as if he was Pete's culprit all this time.

Vegas stays on the floor scathed almost like Pete yesterday although Pete is generous enough in his retribution.

"Everything that you felt seconds ago under that water, the numbness entering your brain , telling you that this could be the last you breathe, the urgency you felt to emerge out of the suffocation freely to get that air enter into you to feel alive, I have felt like that each second of my life for years. I felt my visions getting blurred, my body screaming at me to come out that cloth that I keep tied around my face making myself imprisoned without any walls around me. Yet...yet I pulled myself up, telling myself that next day , would be the last day and i will never have hide my face ever again. So many years of resolution that i preserved everyday, you broke it in a second? How could you? What did I ever do wrong to you? Pete screams.

"It's not like I did it because I wanted to. I am neither interested in your stupid resolution nor am I curious to see your face. I did it because you were bleeding from your mouth and it needed to be attended immediately. And why are you so worried, you can put it back. Fortunately no one else saw you"

Pete approaches and tries to kick Vegas again but Vegas dodges it.

"I believe you know why am I not attacking you in return" Vegas says agitated.

"You need not to hold back. Better get up and beat me more. What's the point in stopping yourself now when you didn't the foretime"

Vegas is silent. Yesterday for a split second he did think he would apologise to Pete. But then is it even worth it. He bashes and even kills several people. They are always his enemy regardless of wheather they are good or bad. He never cares about them so why should he be feeling any remorse for a mere fist fight. His self accomplishments are sitting on his shoulders with so much weight that he can't lift them up and bend infront of someone asking for forgiveness hence he doesn't let the idea cross him again.