Under the Moon Less Night

All along the way to Dominica none of the three could stop thinking about the man they encountered. Kim Haan is obviously lost in thinking how alluring he looked. Vegas seem to be in a calculating mind. His eyes are showing focus, eyebrows frowned as if he is trying too hard to remember or recall something. But the most interesting expression are that of King Rama which are hard to decipher. He thinks and then smiles in between. And the two people who are completely befuddled are Saksit and Macau who actually didn't see Pete because they went a little too far from where he had a verbal spar with the king.

"Khun Father, may I ask the reason for your smile" Macau pries

"Son, today I saw a man with the charisma that I never saw before. He was fire as well as water , the glimpse of balance I saw in his demeanor today will surely make him an epitome of equilibrium in future. He is a perfect future and a proud worthy successor of Dominica. King Ritthirong is indeed fortunate to be blessed with a son like that."

Each word from Rama's mouth are akin to a drop of venom in Vegas's heart. How can his father be so impressed with some stranger whom he encountered for a little span of time. Rama has never even dropped a word of praise for his sons in such a highly manner but a man he met in the woods in a not so pleasant scenario already got an acclamation from him. Vegas feels an envy crawling its way into his mind. But more than that he was clouded by the visual of that man whose eyes captivated him. They looked hypnotic but also so familiar. Vegas couldn't seem to remember where exactly has he seen them but whoever the man was Vegas could already sense going on bouts with him in his head.

As Dominica has started approaching, the festive ambience is down the pike. Canopies of greens and trail of beautiful coloured flowers is the pathway of welcome for the guests of honour. King's most highly positioned ministers are here to welcome King Rama with his family.

"When we will meet sister in law?" Macau asks in eagerness which is only making his eldest brother more anxious. Both Kim Haan and Vegas are smiling teasingly to him.

"Son, we will firstly rest a little. And before meeting your sister in law you have to make your brother look really handsome, we need time for that." Rama said and laughed leaving his sons nonplussed.

"Why are you all looking at me like that "
"Never seen you like that your majesty" Kim Haan says
"I guess Dominica has some spell in its air. You naturally start feeling happy as you enter." Rama replies.

,...........

"Out of all the days , does he have to be late today itself? Arthit , you should have taken care of your rabbit. Knowing how your brother won't let it slide that you are sad because you lost something precious to you. How am I suppose to face the king Rama now. What will I say when he would question about the eldest son not being present here?"

Ritthirong is pacing around the room, blurting as Pete has still not arrived home. And the festival is about to begin. The time to me King Rama is close by.

"Father , you know phi Pete always reaches at the correct time. Don't worry, he will be here" Arthit says trying his best to sound mature and assuring.

"I hope he does son"
"He will" Kanlaya comes alongwith Kamala.

"Father, how am I looking?" Kamala asks approaching her father.

"You are looking like what you are. Princess. There is no way that prince from Alcazar won't like you."

Kamala hugs her father shying.

"Where is your flower headgear princess"
"Phi Pete said he will make one for me"
"I have been telling her to wear another one but she is waiting for Pete."